- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Baby Shower Decorations
Choosing the right baby shower décor can be difficult. There are so many cute ideas and with an unlimited budget anyone can create a magnificent celebration for the new mom. But it gets a little more difficult as the budget gets tighter. Since most people do not have unlimited funds, creating a sweet ambiance for the new baby can get downright stressful.
A whimsical way to create a gorgeous shower décor and do it without spending much money is to use items that you have around the house. Consider your collections first, and then items you may have around the house:
- Stuffed animals
- Tea pots and vintage tea cups
- Vintage and antique dolls
- Stuffed animals
- Antique toys
- Baby items
There are a number of other items that can be utilized to create shower décor. By using your imagination you can easily come up with a creative solution.
Baby Shower Ideas SlideshowClick thumbnail to view full-size
Plan Ahead for Baby Shower Decorations
One thing that you can do if you are part of a church or organization that does a lot of parties and showers is to pick up vintage items inexpensively at garage sales throughout the year. Keep these in storage, or display them in your home, and they will be ready to use when you need to decorate for a shower. Vintage photographs, old baby shoes and other items can be arranged in a pleasing way on tables as centerpieces. Tea pots can be used to hold flower arrangements. Utilize items in unusual ways for a signature look.
Here are some examples:
- Beach theme- use vintage sand pails to hold cards and other small items
- Baby blocks can be used to hold up serving plates slightly or to decorate the tables/
- If toys will be a theme, a small red wagon can be utilized to hold gifts.
- Vintage dolls are beautiful arranged on tables and around the room.
- Old photographs of babies, families, and mothers can be used to add nostalgia
- If the guests have known the mother a long time, what about images and memories from the mother’s childhood?
Other than the guests of honor, the food and especially the cake usually take a center stage in baby shower décor. Place the cake in a spot where it will be showcased and see by all who enter the room. The cake should complete the theme in someway and any decorations on the cake table should carry it out as well.
Other items that you may want to consider are:
- A table with a guest book
- If the baby has all ready been born an area with pictures, height and weight, and other important facts is great.
- A comfortable place for the new mom to sit, and nurse if she needs to.
Creating a beautiful baby shower décor is largely a matter of creativity and thought. Almost everyone has things in their homes that will make adorable centerpieces and other decorations. Take changes and keep arranging the items until you get a look that you like. Just remember to relax and enjoy the shower yourself.