Baby Shower Menu Ideas - Do Not Stress
Baby Shower Menu Ideas - And Some Recipes
When you are thinking about baby shower menu ideas, it is best to keep your ideas to easy and well loved recipes. Keep the time of day and the way you will have to serve the food when you are thinking about baby shower menu ideas. Another important factor is the time of the year. If it is a very hot day, a cool salad will to off a whole lot better than on a cold winter’s day!
Baby showers are generally held in the later stages of pregnancy (in the last 2 months, for instance). There are, however, certain cultural beliefs that make people wait for the baby to arrive before having a baby shower. For adoptive parents it is normally best to wait until the baby has finally arrived as it can sometimes take quite a while.
In its early form, baby showers were held exclusively for mothers-to-be, and only women were invited to attend the party. In addition, baby showers were traditionally held only for the first child.
Today, however, many people have baby showers for both parents, and they also have a baby shower for every new baby, even an adoptive baby.
Because baby showers are so special, you can stress a little about Baby Shower Menu Ideas. There is no need, serve simple and tasty food and your guests will enjoy themselves.
Baby Shower Menu Ideas - A Few Recipes You Can Consider
Who does not love pizzas? So, I think this, one of our baby shower menu ideas, will be a popular one.
* Pizza sauce (can be store-bought or homemade)
* Cottage cheese (low fat)
* English muffins
* Parmesan cheese
1. Mix 2-3 tbsp of pizza sauce with 2-3 tbsp of cottage cheese.
2. Spread the mixture onto one half of the English muffin.
3. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
4. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
Creamy Tomato Soup
The next recipe for our baby shower menu ideas is for a tomato soup. It is of course not wise to serve this if the guests have to eat on their laps, unless you have pretty soup mugs you can serve it in.
* 1 tsp vegetable oil
* 1 can tomato soup (condensed)
* 1 tbsp basil
* Mozzarella or croutons (for toppings)
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add the tomato soup.
3. Add milk (approximately the same amount as that of the tomato soup).
4. Add basil and heat slowly on low heat (do not boil).
5. Top with a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella and croutons.
Baby Shower Menu Ideas - A few More Recipes You Can use
This is one of our baby shower menu ideas that is ideal for a baby shower where you will only be serving snacks such as a tea or cocktail.
* ½ lb cheese (cheddar or grated)
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 pack cream cheese
* 4 oz Tabasco sauce
* 2 tsp onion
* Chopped nuts
* 2 tsp catsup or chili sauce
1. Mix all ingredients together using a mixer or a food processor (the cheese should be at room temperature).
2. Spoon the mixed ingredients into small round bowls lined with plastic wrap.
3. Cover with the overlap of the plastic wrap
4. Refrigerate overnight.
5. To serve, remove wrap and sprinkle with nuts. Serve with assorted crackers.
Chicken Puffs - Always One Of The Great Baby Shower Menu Ideas
Here is one of our baby shower menu ideas that is an old and well know recipes. It still remains popular and it can be served on the same kind of occasion as the cheese balls. Do not be afraid, contrary to what many believe, it is very easy to make.
* 4 tbsp butter
* ½ cup boiling water
* ½ cup flour
* 2 eggs
* ½ cup shredded cheese
* 2 cups cooked chicken
* 2 tbsp olives
* 2 tbsp wine
* ¼ cup mayonnaise
1. Melt butter in boiling water.
2. Add flour.
3. Stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
4. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat briskly until smooth.
6. Stir in the cheese.
7. Scoop tablespoons full of dough onto a greased baking sheet. (If you have a piping bag and a wide nozzle, it will obviously give you better results)
8. Preheat oven to 400°F.
9. Bake the puffs for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, and split.
10. Combine the remaining ingredients with the finely chopped cooked chicken, pimiento, and olives.
11. Fill each puff with 2 tsp of the mixture. Serve.
These are just a few recipes to use from the many baby shower menu ideas there is. Do not think it has to be very difficult or exotic. As long as the food is tasty the guests will be happy. It is better to serve simple but tasty food than to have a crises with recipes not working out.
So, it is best that when you think of baby shower menu ideas, you think of food you are confident you can prepare successfully. OK, there is always the option that you can have the party catered, but not everyone’s budget stretches that far.