- Holidays and Celebrations
Best Christmas Movie Ever
Christmas is a time to be spent rejoicing with family and friends. One of the best ways to enjoy the festivities is by watching a great Christmas movie with loved ones. Some of the best Christmas movies are listed below:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas: It is one of the classic creations of Dr. Seuss. The movie stars a loud but lovable enactment by Jim Carrey. The movie recounts the tale of a foul, bitter, and sour-hearted Grinch who abhors Christmas and all the associated celebration. He has laid out an elaborate plan to steal Christmas from Whoville residents. Buy or rent the DVD and find out whether or not the Grinch is actually able to steal Christmas, or whether the spirit of Christmas prevails over him.
- The Polar Express: The movie recounts the tale about a boy who has many doubts about Christmas and Santa Claus. The boy goes on an amazing train ride to North Pole. This voyage to the North Pole is fascinating and full of varied adventures that result in self-realization and a better understanding of the meaning of life. Will the boy successfully overcome his uncertainties and delve into the spirit of Christmas. Grab the DVD and enjoy a breathtaking and entertaining experience about Christmas.
- A Christmas Carol: The movie is an adaptation of one of the works of Charles Dickens. It is one of the reasons why Christmas carols are so popular throughout the world. The movie recounts the tale of Mr. Scrooge who is only concerned about money. He has become an old miser who lacks even minimal human emotions. He however gets a chance to make corrections on the eve of Christmas and realize that it is possible to be happy even without money. Watch ‘A Christmas Carol’ and unravel the mystery of whether or not Mr. Scrooge is able to understand the true significance of Christmas and bring about changes in his life.
- It's a Wonderful Life: The list of best Christmas movies cannot be complete without this movie. The film tells the story about Mary and George Bailey. George considers himself and his life to be a failure and is thinking of killing himself on the eve of Christmas. However, he is prevented by his guardian angel from committing suicide. The angel shows the many people whose lives have changed positively due to George and makes him realize that his life is indeed great. The film also teaches us that every decision that we make has some kind of impact on our lives and on the lives of others. Gather around the television with family and friends and see whether or not George chooses life over death.
- The Santa Clause: It is a widely appreciated Christmas movie that tells the tale of a divorced man, Scott Calvin. He is excited when his son Charlie comes to visit him for Christmas. One fine night, he however finds Santa Claus falling off the roof of his home. Now, Scott has to don the red and white suit and become Santa. Check out the movie and get to know whether Scott successfully fulfills the duties as Santa Claus and whether or not he becomes a hero in the eyes of his son. Do not miss this rib tickling Christmas movie.
- A Christmas Story: It is a classic holiday film about the adventures of a 9 year old boy Ralphie Parker. All he wants as a Christmas gift is an official Red Ryder air rifle model with carbine action range of 200 shots. The little boy manages to remain a good kid till Christmas despite fights with his younger sibling and enduring bullying at school. Does Ralphie eventually get his Red Ryder? Watch the movie and have a great time.
- White Christmas: This is another holiday classic which revolves around the friendship and lives of 2 WW II US Army dudes. The film will warm the cockles of your heart and make you all teary eyed, thereby making it an ideal watch during Christmas. After the war, the two buddies become big names in the show business industry. If not for anything, watch the movie for the memorable quote “May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white.”
- Love Actually: It is one of the best romantic movies that can be watched during Christmas. The movie is set in London around 5 weeks before the holy day. The movie recounts the story of several couples at varied stages of relationship and passes on the message that love is forever around us, irrespective of what happens. Watch this romantic comedy if you want to check out different kinds of love scenarios.
- Jingle All the Way: The movie stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and tells the story of how a workaholic man who does not have time for his son and wife mend his ways during Christmas and tries to get the best Christmas gift for his son. Is he able to do that? Watch the movie and enjoy the many laughs.