Best Christmas Jingles of All Time
Which is The Best?
Which is your favorite Christmas Jingle?
Taking A Walk Down "Christmas", Memory Lane
There is no way to list of all the Christmas Jingles that are out there. This is a list primarily composed of the most famous and most popular Christmas Jingles in our history.
I hope that you will feel free to leave your comments about the memories that these Christmas songs trigger for you. There is a space to share your memories at the bottom of this hub.
One thing that Christmas songs remind me of personally is my grandmother and even mom occasionally would sing Christmas carols to us as kids. My cousins and I would gather around and we would just sing. Aunts and uncles in other rooms would come and join in the singing. Maybe the mention of some of these songs will bring back some happy memories for you. I remember hearing these songs as a small child.
This is the Top Ten list of Christmas songs that we could think of, that are some of our favorites. It was hard to choose because the holidays has so many classic songs to pick from. With new songs coming out each year and old favorites being remade by new artists, the music never ends.
1. Jingle Bell Rock: This fun Christmas song has an up beat tune. This is an older Christmas song but, is still frequently played during the holidays. This song has been recorded by legends such as Elvis Presley and it's been featured in cartoons and movies. It is played several times a day during the holiday season.
2. Frosty The Snowman: Simply a classic! A great song for children. This song is a childhood favorite of mine, for sure. The words are so descriptive that you can picture each scene from the movie about Frosty. Of course, the children love him. You must enjoy him before he melts away, or so the song says.
3. Deck The Halls: This seems like a fun decorating song. While your decorating your halls at home with Christmas decorations, you can have this festive song playing in the background. Especially, while you are decorating the Christmas tree with the family.
4. I'm Dreamin' Of A White Christmas: Everyone always dreams of having snow at Christmas So, if it actually happens, I think that a white Christmas is just beautiful. It makes everything so much more peaceful. In over thirty years on earth it has only snowed on Christmas in Alabama one time and that was in 2010.
5. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer: This lighthearted song is great fun to teach the kids. Be careful, this song is addicting and the kids may drive you crazy with repeating it over and over. I remember learning it in Kindergarten.
6. Joy To The World: This joyful song is a proclamation of Jesus' coming to the world. It is a Gospel song and it has been remade and rebooted several times over. It's a timeless classic that has and always will be a top seller and favorite of any generation.
7. We Wish You A Merry Christmas: This very chipper song is a great one for the car on the way home from Grandma and Grandpas house. Also, it's a fabulous song to have playing mildly on the radio at a house party for the holidays.
8. All I Want For Christmas: To Finish the song, All I Want For Christmas is my two front teeth. When the child sings an obvious cute whistling noise is made. This child wants to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. It is hilarious and has had many spin offs since its origination.
9. Let It Snow: The weather outside is frightful but, this song talks about the merry times that are going on inside the home such as food cooking, the smells of the Christmas holidays boiling on the stove. Great times around the Christmas tree, opening gifts and spending time with family can all be pictured in your head from this song.
10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas: A good closing song for the end of a Christmas party. From this song, you get the warm fuzzy well wishes from our family to your during the Christmas holidays. This is a perfect jingle to have playing in the background while proposing a toast to a crowded room.
Growing up we loved to sing. Especially at Christmas time, we would go Christmas caroling to different area neighborhoods. We would pick the elderly people in our church and go to their home and sing to them. To see the face of an older person light up because someone is just simply singing to them is a great feeling.
We would sing the classic Christmas songs and we would take requests from the person we came to visit. We always received a warm reception at each house.
Christmas Jingles on CD
- How To Christmas Shop On a Budget
Christmas time is a very busy time for shopping. In this hub you will learn some ways to save money while shopping during the holidays. Pictures, videos and commentary are featured in this article.
- Thanksgiving Dinner For A Large Family
This article describes a large Thanksgiving dinner including Turkey, dressing, rolls and macaroni. Polls, maps,Pictures, you tube clips and commentary are ALS listed in this blog along with other facts and information.
- Holiday Decorating 101
This article documents different ways to decorate for the holidays. Putting lights on the house, decorating the yard and placing a Christmas tree in the window are just a few ways to prepare for the holidays. Pictures, videos, commentary and a poll a
- How To Build a Nativity Scene
This article will describe how to build a Baby Jesus Manger Scene using Pallets, Nails and a hammer. You tube clips, pictures, polls, maps, a quiz and commentary are also listed in this Christmas related hub.
- How To Make Decorative Wreaths
I hope that you enjoy this hub. I enjoy doing crafts but, haven't had much time later. Pictures, commentary, you tube videos, polls and maps are featured in this hub..
© 2012 Buster Johnson