Best Friend Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas
DAY 14, HUB # 14
When your best friend’s birthday is fast approaching, the first thing in your mind is to buy the right gift. Sometimes, it can be hard especially when you are low on a budget or when you just don’t have enough money to buy Louis Vuitton handbag that your friend had been hinting to you for the past few weeks.
I have heard some of my friends grumbling and bemoaning that nobody remembered her birthday while a few commented that she hated birthday celebrations.
The truth is, deep down inside her heart, she has been yearning for somebody to give her a small birthday gift even though it is not store bought or those expensive branded gifts.
Parents pamper their children (regardless of ages ) on birthdays with cakes bought from bakery shops, dining in a fancy restaurant or watch movies which they suggested. Although parents meant well but they don’t know or understand what nowadays children really want on her birthday.
Don't know what to give?
If you don’t know what to give your friend on her birthday, you need to find out what are her hobbies and what she likes to eat. These are variety of birthday gift ideas that you could make and save money at the same time. Homemade gifts are the best way to touch your friend’s heart to make her feel special.
Here are the tips how you could find out his/her hobbies. By the way, these tips are meant for unisex friends. It doesn't meant for female friends only.
Gift Ideas for Her Below $10
1 ) Find out his/her hobbies:
- Ask the people around her, for example friends that are close to her or siblings who are glued to her 24 hours a day. A birthday friend would occasionally nags to someone close to her about her torn handbags or purposely paste sellotape over her torn bookmark, if she likes it very much. Sometimes, she may "let the cat out of the bag" the things that she yearned to have. Hence, it would be much easier for you to cut around the chase by targeting those people close to her. I am sure you can get some details from them!
- Take note what she likes to keep, use or buy. Drop by at her house frequently and see the collections in her bedroom or writing desk. If she uses a mug as her pencil holder, obviously she needs a better one. Don't buy or make gifts that she already had which is still in good condition. She won't be using your gift immediately and may give it away to someone else. This way, you may have the rough idea what she lacks of.
- Check out her blogs, twitter or facebook. Many people express their needs ( besides feelings and companionship ) online because they can't afford to buy or shy to voice out to others what they need or looking for. A shy person may not be able to open up her birthday wish to friends because the gift should come from the heart of the giver. Not everyone has thick skin to ask friends for gifts on his/her birthday !
- Go window shopping together. Keep a close look what she is looking for. When she stays in the clothes department for more than 10 minutes, definitely she wanted to get something but couldn't afford. Check it out with the salesgirl the next day. Don't inquire on the same day or at the same time.
Gift ideas for her
Gift Ideas for him
Ready to eat Food
2) Find out what he/she likes to eat:
Most of my friends that I know love to eat or snack during the day, regardless whether the food is nutritious or not. You should be able to know what are your friend’s favorite cookie, cakes, breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack since you had hang out with your friend for years.
Forget the extravagant dinners or buffet lunch. I am sure your friend would understand some gifts cannot be bought with money or he/she knows well that you couldn't afford to buy expensive gifts either. A good friend will not look down on your gift whether it is cheap or homemade.
If you have a certain talent in baking or whipping up a simple dish, use these talents to make your friend a special gift on his/her birthday.
- Bake some cookies or a birthday cake at least one day ahead of the birthday. You need to give yourself some time, just in case your cookies or cake burnt or turn out not the way you wanted. One day is enough time for you to compensate the gift with another attempt of baking different cookie or cake recipe.
- If you planned to cook a simple dish, search for easy to cook recipe with less ingredients to save time and effort. Taste the dish with your family members and ask for their opinion or they may even suggest a brilliant idea which you had not thought of.
Food That Makes Your Saliva Drools !
Delicious Food Ideas for Him / Her
- Make a wake-up Breakfast Surprise or Lovely Lunch Dish for your best friend. He/She will be so touched by your sincerity and friendship that shows you understand him/her so well. Here are 4 suggested dishes for you to try your hands on.
- Now, this depends on whether your best friend has time for Snacks and Teatime. If he / she is working freelance, then you can meet him/her at a cafe nearby office or visit at home and give him/her a terrific surprise with wrapped up jelly, cake or muffins.
- You can invite your best friend over to your house for a sumptous Dinner by making the dish presentable on single color flat late, decorate with salad dressings and do something with the dining table. lace a vase or basket of beautiful fresh flowers, lit candlight candles and make sure you dress smartly or elegantly for him/her. It's the special birthday celebration. Please, don't wear your dirty apron on !
Remember, when it comes to giving your friend a gift, it isn't about what you get for him / her or how much does the gift worth or is the gift worthy for him / her.
The handmade gift is just one part of showering him / her how much this friendship means to you. To be exact, even though it is just a handmade birthday card , the birthday quote shows lots of meaning in words, a great comfort and joy for the birthday person.
Do wrap your handmade gift and give it to your friend by hand, which will create a big surprise and excitement. This is a priceless birthday gift in friendship.