What Do You Bring As A Guest? Best Holiday Christmas Party Hostess Gift Ideas
The Best Ideas for Holiday Party Hostess Gifts
It's always good form to show up at a party with a gift for the host or hostess. Usually this is a bottle of wine; sometimes it's flowers or fancy soaps or chocolates.
The holidays are already a season of gift giving, and they really open the door for creative hostess presents. November and December really are the most magical time of the year in terms of holiday party hostess gifts!
Here are some of the best holiday hostess presents you can give:
- Christmas Tree Ornament. A beautiful mouth-blown glass ball or other special eye-catching ornament is my all-time favorite thing to bring to a Christmas party. Ornaments are a natural for a tree-trimming party, but they also are a slam dunk for a dinner party, cocktail party, caroling party, cookie party, skating party or Charlie Brown Christmas Special party.
- Special holiday candies or chocolates from a local confectioner. Peanut brittle, peppermint-infused chocolates, intricately painted truffles and chocolate squares — candy makers let their creativity run wild this time of year, and the result is so beautiful, people might not want to eat it.
- Single Malt Scotch. The warm maltiness of a single malt Scotch is perfectly suited to cold, cozy weather. Bring a bottle, and your host will be sure to invite you back again next year!
- Hand-dipped or custom made holiday candles. Rigaud Candles are a luxury classic that was favored by Jackie O. and JFK, and still available today. Jo Malone and Diptyque are two other candle and perfume companies making gorgeously scented, top-quality candles.
- Festive linen cocktail napkins of fingertip towels. The best presents are things the recipient wants, bout would never buy for themselves. Many festive holiday items fall into this camp — they are charming, but seem too frivolous to buy for oneself. Cloth cocktail napkins are a perfect example of this, and therefore a wonderful holiday hostess gift.
- A pointsettia. Bring a live plant wrapped in a festive holiday bow.
- Box of Christmas pears. Harry & David and others sell the most delicious, juicy, beautiful pears this time of year. They are a healthy and delicious treat. Festive, too!
- Christmas Kringle. O&H Bakery in Wisconsin is famous for its traditional kringles, and it ships them all over the world during the holiday season. These O-shaped Danish pastries have fillings like almond, cranberry pecan and pecan, as well as more traditional flavors.