Best halloween costume ideas for the end of the world
Other fun end of world sites:
- 101 things to do the day before the world ends on December 21, 2012
Will the world end on December 21, 2012? Well if it is going to do, here are 101 things to do the day before!
- The end times are near: How to survive the end of time
December 21, 2012 is the end time, holocaust, end of days, apocalypse or Judgment Day according to millions of people around the world. This useful article helps you survive the end of times!
End of World costumes
December 21, 2012 is just around the corner and already we are hearing of flesh eating zombies hitting the streets – so is the world really going to end in 2012? I guess we won’t know for sure until December, but I for one am preparing to get the a great Halloween costume for November which may also serve me well during the apocalyptic season.
The Mayans really have a lot to answer for, but just in case I feel the costumes below may give you more of a chance to survive Armageddon – OK so if they don’t at least you went out with a bang rather than a whimper.
One wonders if some of the older rock stars will actually need to wear a zombie costume?
Zombie Halloween Costume
Not only are zombie costumes very popular at the moment with make-up effects that will give you the perfect rotten skin, but they also serve a second purpose. If the world happens to end thanks to a zombie apocalypse then you can simply blend in with the walking dead and hopefully not become a zombie. It may not be much of a life, stumbling around the world pretending to have no soul and feasting on brains, but it’s better than being dead isn’t it?
Whatever you decide, the zombie or walking dead halloween costume is likely to be the most popular costume this year, so make sure you order early.
Zombie Hunter Costume
So you’ve played all the video games, studied the tumult of zombie movies and you fancy your chances eh? Then don your Poncho, grab your survival kit and gas mask and get your weapon of choice – you’re all ready to go hunting zombies.
As Elmer Fudd would say “Be vewy vewy quiet I’m hunting zombies”.
Before you go though make sure you can distinguish between real zombies and those that are simply wearing their zombie costume – you might end up being the cause of the end of the world yourself.
This really is a fun costume for your budding zombie hunter – while you may not survive a true zombie apocalypse, you’ll certainly gain the respect of the common and garden zombie with your prowess and looks.
Scary Halloween Costumes
With all the walking dead, zombie hunters and other degenerates stumbling across the barren terrain left after the end of the world there’s only one true way to survive. So if you can’t beat them join them! By looking scarier than the monsters you’re likely to be safe as no one is going to want to take on the ‘end of level boss’ – you may be unlucky to meet a heroic adventurer whose just completed Diablo III, but to be honest – after fighting demons, they’ll probably overlook a middle of the road boss like you, so you’re chances of survival are pretty decent.
My personal favorite scary costume is the biohazard death skill mask combined with some sort of duster jacket – wow If you’re breathing in a biohazard then you surely must be tough?
Grim Reaper Halloween Costume
There’s one costume that will guarantee your survival and that’s the Grim Reaper costume. No one likes having their soul collected by Death not even zombie – so everyone will run from you like a bat out of wherever bats come from. Heck, the only characters you have to watch out for are Bill and Ted!
The Death Halloween costume is great for the end of the world, but also may end up leading to a career in the movie industry – Stephen Zombieberg is sure to hire you in 2013.
Other End of World Halloween Costume Ideas
If all else fails there’s one or two costumes that are definitely going to ensure your survival; there are several things that will survive the apocalypse, so to ensure your continued existence you should dress as one of the following items:
- A cockroach halloween costume – not the prettiest costume to wear, but cockroaches are tough little blighters and you know that your existence is assured if you wear this costume.
- A "black box" halloween costume – have you always been fascinated how they always find the black box after a plane crash? Well I can imagine God arriving on the Earth the day after the apocalypse and finding you in a black box.
- A Twinkies halloween costume – yes that right – the humble Twinkie is bound to be still around after the end of days – the only problem is that the survivors of the world may not realize you’re wearing a costume and end up eating you.
- A Cher halloween costume – it has been rumored that Cher has actually replaced so many body parts that she is now fully robotic and therefore will survive anything – so run out, get that hippy wig and dress like you’re from the 60s.
- A Justin Bieber halloween costume – even zombie teenage girls will love justin Bieber so be sure to don your white suit and emo hair and not only will you be alive, but you’ll have your choice of zombie girlfriend!
While it is very unlikely that the world will actually end and I'm sure we'll all be waking up on December 33, 2012 we all may as well spend some time celebrating on Halloween and at your End of World party - these halloween costume ideas are fun and family oriented. Why not prepare your themed party with them?