Birthday Cake Themes
Recipe for Humpty Dumpty Cake
- 3 level tablespoons cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 75g butter
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 350g flour
- 300ml sugar
- Half teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of ground nutmeg
- Half cup milk
Bake in a 350 oven in a 8’x2’ pan for 40 minutes. Allow to stand for five minutes before turning out on wire trays to cool.
When cooled down, cut in half, sandwich together with chocolate frosting and when frosting has hardened slightly stand the cake on its side. Alternatively, if a larger cake is required bake two mixtures and make a ‘four-decker’ wall.
Frost the cake with remainder of chocolate frosting. Pipe the ‘mortar’ or divisions of the bricks with white frosting.
To Make Humpty Dumpty Cake
1. Buy a large Easter Egg. Put humpty dumpty on top, secured with a little frosting.
2. Use rolled out marshmallows for ears and one miniature marshmallow for a nose. Attach them with toothpicks.
3. Add the cut marshmallow cut side down for the eyes. Pipe a dot of frosting and attach the junior mints as the pupils.
4. Microwave the fruit chews. Roll the red fruit chews into a 6 inch long rope for the mouth. Add the red rope to the mouth.
5. Frost the flat sides and push part of a taffy apple stick into one half then gently press halves together.
6. Press second half onto stick as you do.
7. Cut off a slice of resulting egg so humpty dumpty can sit.
8. Push taffy apple stick up into each half of egg then very gently push egg and two sticks down into wall.
9. Flatten the tops of the ‘thighs’ and place legs in position on the cake.
10. If you want him to have arms, make them the same way as the legs and secure them to the body with a small bit of sticky tape.
Recipe for Easter Bunny Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 55g cocoa
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 oz butter
- ¾ cup milk
1. Sieve the dry ingredients
2. Beat the eggs well
3. Add the sugar and beat until thick
4. Place milk and butter on the stove to boil
5. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture
6. Let the milk boil and add milk and butter
7. Stir well
8. Place in two greased 8’ layer pans
9. Bake in a 400 oven for twelve minutes
10.Cool on wire trays
11.When cool, fill with mint crisp filling.
12.Frost with dark chocolate glace frosting
Instructions for Dark Chocolate Glace Frosting
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 level tablespoons Cadbury’s cocoa
- 1 and a half cups sieved icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Half a teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. Turn the plate of your stove on low.
2. Put the water in a saucepan, blend in the cocoa, and cook slightly for a few minutes.
3. Add cooking oil and vanilla essence.
4. Add the sugar gradually, beating in well with a wooden spoon.
5. When you have added enough for the spoon to become coated, the icing is the right consistency.
The Best 4 Pack Silicone Candy Molds for Lego Lovers with Recipe Book
8 small lego men
Yellow tray makes 10 bricks
1 large lego man
Molds are made from 100% food-grade silicone material.
I found the ‘Tips and Recipes’ book the best to make the different crafts. The lego men we made out of chocolate were perfect. My grandchild was thrilled.
The molds are dishwasher, microwave and oven safe.
4 Pack Silicone Candy Molds for Lego Lovers & Recipe Book
Recipe for Mint Crisp Filling
- Add a small Cadbury mint crisp slab (coarsely grated) to half a cup vanilla flavored chocolate frosting.
- Make Easter Bunnies out of white marshmallows, pinching them firmly into the right shape.
- Make eyes and nose with a little glace icing put on with the end of a toothpick.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with green desiccated coconut and sprinkle with a few hundreds and thousands to represent flowers.
- Pipe flowers all round the top and bottom of the cake.
- Decorate as you wish.
Birthday Cake Themes
What are your kids favorite element at Birthday Parties
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Anita Hasch