- Holidays and Celebrations
Birthday Party Favor Ideas & Packaging Suggestions for Children's Birthday Parties
Fun and Easy Ideas for Children's Birthday Party Favors!
Birthday party favors are a common tradition to use if you are planning an event where gifts are received. They are most common at birthday parties. They are a very nice gesture to give as a "thank you" gift to your event attendees and are always well appreciated by party guests.
Party favors can be very simple, from a single item to a goody bag or "loot bag" filled with small trinkets, candy and other items. It is possible to create fun and memorable party favors for any budget. This article will give you ideas for making your own party favors as well as ideas on items that make good birthday party favors for children's birthday parties.
Packaging for Children's Birthday Party Favors
There are tons of options that you can use to showcase your party favors in. Make sure to choose bright, vibrant colors that coincide with your child's party theme.
When selecting your packaging, please keep in mind that not all options are appropriate for all ages. The simple the better when it comes to party favor packaging for smaller children! Simple bags with no ties (choking hazard) are safe for children 4 and under.
Here are some ideas:
Cello bags tied with curled ribbon
Decorated (stamping, painted) white boxes
Decorated paper bags
Selecting Party Favors for Children
Birthday party favors for children are some of the most fun party favors to arrange! The best favors for children's parties are small trinkets, candy and items to celebrate the event with.
There are several things to consider before setting out to purchase or make party favors for children.
How old are the children that you are buying party favors for? Please be aware of choking hazards for small children and for brothers & sisters at home that may come in contact with the goodies that you give as favors to your guests..
What is your child's birthday party theme? These days, it is possible to buy many party favors with licensed characters such as Mickey Mouse, Hannah Montana, etc. Combining one or two licensed character products with other generic items that are appropriate for the theme is usually most cost effective, as licensed character goodies are more expensive.
- This may sound obvious, but some parents forget to engage their children making choices that relate to planning the party. Set a budget and allow your child to select/help create party favors for his/her friends. Your child most likely has a much better sense of what his or her guests will like!
- Are the children receiving the party favors male, female or a combination of both? If your child is having boys and girls at his party, it is a good idea to buy favors that are unisex, or consider creating separate bags for each child, depending on the gender. i.e., a little girl probably isn't going to want a rubber snake, but she'll love some pretty princess stickers!
Children's Birthday Party Favor Ideas
After taking into consideration the ages and sexes of the children that you will be purchasing for, here are some classic, unique & affordable children's birthday party favor ideas for your next party!
Classic Birthday Party Favors
- Items that help your guests celebrate! Noisemakers, noiseblowers, etc.
- Candy items
D-I-Y Sand Art Kit
Unique Children's Birthday Party Favors
- Die-free, no sugar added, organic candy - Many parents will appreciate this!
- Party favors that match your child's theme (Hannah Montana, Dora the Explorer, Etc.)
- Personalized Party Favors (Custom T-Shirts, monogrammed items, or items with your child's name such as personalized candy bars, custom pens, custom pencils, custom stickers)
Affordable Children's Birthday Party Favors
- Shop online in bulk
- Purchase items such as mini games, stuffed animals, at your local dollar store
- Instead of party favors, have several D-I-Y (do-it-yourself) activities such as decorating a T-shirt or making sand-art bottles and letting your guests bring their items home as their party favors.
- Make your own edible party favors - decorate your own sugar cookies, make your own candy
- Make your own favors ahead of time with your child - handmade magnets, picture frames, jewelry - the possibilities are endless!