Birthday Quotes For Family and Friends
Great Birthday Quotes for family and friends can turn an ordinary birthday card into an extraordinary one!
Here are my favourite Birthday Quotes and sayings for everyone in your family, including:
- Famous Birthday Quotes
- Mom and Dad
- Belated Birthday Quotes
Why Do We Give Birthday Cards?
The tradition of giving birthday cards is thought to be over a hundred years old. Though there is no record of who sent or received the first birthday card, it is believed that the tradition of sending birthday cards began in England a century ago. In those days, people used to greet a person on their birthday in person but, if they were unable to do so, they would send a birthday card in apology.
Birthday cards are an important part of the annual birthday celebration and provide an opportunity for us to show how much we care. Personalising these cards with a birthday quote or greeting makes them endearing and very special.
Birthday Quotes For Wife
This quote from H. V. Prochnow says it all "The best way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once". Assuming that you do remember, here are some romantic and funny birthday quotes for wife:
- You look more beautiful today than the day I first met you. Happy birthday!
- You grow more beautiful with each passing year. Happy Birthday!
- My feet dance more lightly because of you. My heart beats more strongly because of you. My eyes see more clearly because of you. My mouth smiles more easily because of you, and I will love you always because you are you.
- Never lie about your age except in case of an emergency … like if somebody should ask how old you are.
"Honey, for your birthday, I knew you’d appreciate a relaxing, home cooked meal. So I called my mother and she’ll be here for your birthday!"
Birthday Quotes For Husband
Here are some Birthday Quotes for husband that will bring a tear to his eye:
- For all the times you reached back to hold my hand, let me have the last bite of cake, told me I looked beautiful first thing in the morning, sat with me through the film I wanted to see, listened patiently to the details of my hectic day, and for all the happiness that you bring to my world. I LOVE YOU!
- You have been the best thing that could have happened to me, giving me so much laughter, so much joy and so much love. So on you birthday, I’d just like to say thanks, and remind you of how very very much I love you.
- Although I may not often say, I hope you somehow know, you’re a thoughtful, loving Husband, and that’s why I love you so! Happy Birthday!
Famous Birthday Quotes
There have been a lot of famous birthday quotes from celebrities and famous people over the years. Here are some of my favourites:
- On my 60th birthday my wife gave me a superb birthday present. She let me win an argument - Anonymous
- Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty eight and forty - James Thurber
- You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake - Bob Hope
- Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other never forgets them - Ogden Nash
- As long as there are birthday gifts, I don’t mind celebrating my birthdays everyday! - Anonymous
- Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday - Stephen Wright
- Like many women my age, I am 28 years old – Mary Schmich
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest - Father Larry Lorenzoni
- I never forget my wife's birthday. It's usually the day after she reminds me about it - Anonymous
- A well adjusted woman is one who not only knows what she wants for her birthday, but even knows what she's going to exchange it for - Anonymous
- Looking fifty is great--if you're sixty - Joan Rivers
- Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake - Anonymous
- When I have a birthday I take the day off. But when my wife has a birthday, she takes a year or two off - Anonymous
- The worst part about lying about your age is when everybody believes you … and you realize that you could have gone even lower! - Anonymous
Birthday Quotes For GrandParents
- Just for you, GrandPa! Although I’m still a little kid, I just want to say, my love for you is just like me – bigger every day!
- For a wonderful Grandma. You are so much fun it’s very plain to see, that even though you look grown-up, you’re still a kid like me!
Birthday Quotes for Mom and Dad
Your Mom and Dad's birthday is the one time in the year when you can tell them how much you love them. Clean the house, buy a gift, make a card. Here are some birthday quotes for mom and dad that you can use to personalize their birthday card:
- Mother, Although my calendar says that today’s the day to tell you how much you are loved … I hope you know that I love you every day – much more than my words can express.
- Happy Birthday, Mom! May all your wishes come true … except for the one about 15 grandchildren!
- I feel that I am the luckiest person in the whole world to be raised by such a caring, protective and providing father. You are the coolest dad, ever! Happy Birthday!
- Dad, I know I can always count on you to stand behind me no matter what, and to guide me with your wisdom and love. That’s why your birthday is the perfect time to let you know how grateful I am for everything you do. I love you Dad. Happy Birthday!
- You are the only one who has believed in me every step of the way. Thanks for being a wonderful dad. Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
- Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad -Anne Geddes
Birthday Quotes For Kids
Remember when you were a child and you couldn't wait for your birthday! Well, birthdays, cakes and balloons were made for children so here are some birthday quotes for kids:
- Wow! Each and every year you grow, you just become more fun to know!
- Birthday girl, today's your day! Time to eat cake, sing songs, and play! There are so many ways to have birthday fun -- Here's hoping you get to do every one! Happy, Happy Birthday!
- Here's a Happy Birthday riddle for you - What goes up but never comes down? Your age. Happy Birthday!
- A birthday brings new dreams, new thoughts, new things to try - and you're just the girl to do it! Happy Birthday!
- It's your birthday, and you know what that means - You're another year older and another year cooler. Have 365 Days of Fun! Happy Birthday!
Birthday Quotes For Brothers and Sisters
We have a very special relationship with our brothers and sisters. We love them unconditionally, yet we tease them mercilessly! Here are some birthday quotes for brothers and sisters that touch on both themes:
- Happy Birthday! You’re a terrific brother! I know your real parents would be proud!
- Happy Birthday to a wonderful sister. In this changing world, it’s nice to know that one thing is forever … you’ll always be my sister! Have a great day!
- Don’t worry Sister, you’re not getting older … just more like mom! Happy Birthday!
And Finally, Belated Birthday Quotes
Sometimes, no matter how well we plan, we miss a birthday. The expression "better late than never" comes to mind - so get a card and add one of these belated birthday quotes.
- Sorry I missed your birthday … I hope you just went ahead and got older without me!
- Don’t hate me because I missed your birthday. Hate me because I’m beautiful. Hope it was special.
- Just to prove how sorry I am for missing your birthday … next year I’ll miss mine!
- The bad news is I forgot to send your birthday card on time. The good news is I almost forgot your age! Hope your birthday was happy!
Birthday Quotes For Friends and Co-Workers
If you found these quotes useful, then you can also, check out Birthday Quotes for Friends and Co-Workers for a great selection of birthday quotes and sayings for:
- Friends: An anonymous, but famous, birthday quote says "Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years". Where would we be without our friends?
- Old People: A collection of birthday quotes and greetings that poke fun at the elderly. Use them on your older friends or relatives.
- Co-Workers: Not a week goes by at work without another birthday celebration. Get some ideas of what to write in the office birthday card!
I hope you found this article on Birthday Quotes for Family and Friends entertaining and it gave you some good ideas to make your next birthday card extra special!