- Holidays and Celebrations
Christmas Pajamas: Traditions, History, Matching, Made in the USA, Pajama Polls, Safety Recalls and more!
'Twas the Night Before Christmas and all through the house the whole family was snuggled all comfy and cozy in their new Christmas pajamas!
Start a new family tradition and make your Christmas day pictures pop by adding fun holiday pajamas for the whole family! Dressing in matching Christmas pajamas combined with the colorful tree lights, sparkling ornaments and brightly wrapped presents will help make your Christmas photos magical and memorable!
Christmas Pajamas a Family Tradition
In many households the tradition of special Christmas pajamas for the kids began because Mom got the pictures back from her local Fotomat of the kids opening presents on Christmas day and she noticed how mismatched and ratty tatty the kids looked on this special day (for all you youngsters, Fotomat was a national chain of stores where you had to take the roll of film to be developed and printed so you could see the pictures you took with your camera)!
Christmas pajamas are a wonderful tradition that many families include in their holidays. Here are a few family Christmas pajama traditions you might like to make your own:
-Kids are allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve, their special holiday pj's
-Buy your Christmas pajamas early, hand them out on Thanksgiving, and have the kids wear them for all your fun Christmas activities such as making gingerbread houses, decorating the Christmas tree, and driving around town to see the Christmas lights
-Wear your holiday pajamas on Christmas Eve, they look great in pictures of the kids sitting in front of the tree reading The Night Before Christmas book and putting out the milk and cookies for Santa.
-Be comfy and cozy and wear your Christmas pajamas all day on Christmas
-Make your family Christmas card photo a fun one of everyone in their matching Christmas pajamas
Fun Matching Family Christmas Pajamas
These cute "chill out" pajamas come in all sizes for infants, toddlers, children, mens, ladies, cats and dogs. Beat the rush and buy these comfy pjs online now for your family to chill out in this Christmas!
Read on for:
- Christmas pajama ideas for Mom,Dad,Teens,Boys,Girls,Todders & Pets!
- Books to buy with stories about Pajamas which you can read on Christmas Eve in your Pj's
- A great idea for turning your special Christmas pajamas into a Halloween costume for next year!
- A chance to answer our 6 poll questions - Did your parents buy you Christmas pajamas when you were growing up? Do you read the book The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve? Do you buy Christmas pajamas for your children or family? Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa? Do you leave carrots for the reindeer? and our last poll at the end of this article - if you haven't bought special Christmas pajamas before, do you want to buy them now? Please let us know about your family traditions by answering our 6 poll questions in the article below!
- Great Christmas Pajamas to Buy for your entire family
- A brief history of the custom of wearing Pajamas
- Made in the USA - a list of companies producing pajamas Made in USA if you'd like to buy American
- Recalls: A list of recent recalls by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission
Recent Pajama Recalls by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled by The Bailey Boys Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The J.Bailey pajama pants for boys fail to meet children's sleepwear requirements.
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled by Babycottons Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The nightgowns fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear.
- L.L. Bean Girl’s Pajamas Recalled Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The purple pajama sets fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear.
- The Children’s Place Recalls Footed Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The bunny-themed footed pajamas in sizes 9 months to 3T put children at risk for burns.
- Children’s Pajamas Recalled by Klever Kids Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The pajamas and nightgowns fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear.
- Apple Park Recalls Children’s Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The shirt and pants sets, in children’s sizes 6 months through size 4, fail to meet requirements to be either snug-fitting or flame resistant.
- Vive La Fete Recalls Children’s Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The toddler-sized pajamas pose a risk of burn injuries to children.
- UNIQLO Recalls Children's Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standards The baby pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear. They pose a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Target Recalls Children’s Two-Piece Pajama Sets Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear. They pose a burn hazard to children.
- Target Recalls Circo Girls Fleece Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The blanket sleepers fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear. This is a burn hazard to kids.
- Children's Pajamas Recalled by Boden Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standards "Mini Boden" brand cotton pajamas sold exclusively at Bodenusa.com for children 1.5 to 14 years old pose a risk of burn injuries.
- Children's Pajamas Recalled by My Clothes Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard Two types of pajamas with a "PJs by My Clothes" label are being recalled: A long-sleeved nightgown and a long-sleeved shirt and long pants set.
- PajamaGram Recalls Children's Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear. This poses a risk of burn injury to children. PajamaGram Recalls Children's Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard Recall number 12204, 12-204
Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa?
Footie Pajamas Double as a Halloween Costume!
Remember Footie Pajamas? They're not just for kids anymore, how about a set of matching footie pajamas for the whole family this Christmas? These red fleece pajamas are soft and warm with non skid feet.
And here's a bonus: Your Christmas pajamas will double as a Halloween Costume next year.
These red footed Christmas pajamas are perfect for next year's Halloween costumes! It's easy to turn your red Christmas pajamas into perfect Thing 1 & Thing 2 Halloween costumes!
Thing 1 Thing 2 Wig
Footie Pajamas for the Whole Family
Made in the USA
You can support the "Be American, Buy American" "Made in the USA" movement by purchasing your pajamas at companies whose pajamas are made in the USA. Here are a few companies with made in the USA pajamas, if you have any suggestions for other companies whose pajamas are made in the USA please let us know in the comments section at the end of this article.
- Vermont Flannel
- David & Goliath
- Brian the Pekingese
- Be As You Are
- The Cat's Pajamas
The Best Place to Buy Christmas Pajamas
Whether wearing Christmas pajamas is a long standing tradition in your family or this is the first year your kids and family will be wearing Christmas pajamas, you must add buying these fun pajamas to your Christmas to-do list!
You can certainly find holiday pajamas at the brick and mortar stores such as Target, Walmart, Kohls, Sears and others, but the best place to buy Christmas pajamas is online! When you shop online for your pajamas you'll find the selection is amazing! Buying online you can easily mix and match holiday pajamas to create your own fun array of sleepwear without traveling all over town to different stores for sizes, patterns and styles! Wearing holiday pj's is a great way to create bright and fun holiday pictures you'll treasure!
Don't Forget the Pets!
Christmas Pajamas for Pets
Half the fun of matching Christmas pajamas is the way they make your Christmas day photos look so wonderful! Not only can you buy these Christmas pajamas for the kids and adults, you can even buy matching pajamas for your cat or dog, how fun!
Did you wear special Christmas pajamas on Christmas Day when you were growing up?
Pajamas For Dad - the Classic Look
Casual and Classic is a great look for dad. If the idea of matching Christmas pj's with snowmen or Christmas balls isn't your cup of tea, simply pair Flannel Lounge Pants with a solid color or white crew shirt for fun holiday PJ's for men or women!
Pajamas for Mom
This is a great time to treat yourself to new pair of pj's! How about a luxurious pair of silk pajamas? Why just settle for one pair of Christmas pajamas for mom? Consider buying sexy lingerie for behind closed doors and wearing your new silk pajamas for Christmas day and the photos in matching family pajamas.
Pajamas for Teen Boys - Sport's Team Lounge Pants
Probably the hardest family members to convince to wear matching pajamas are teen boys! Solve this dilema buy buying a popular sports team's pajama pants or lounge pants in holiday colors to match the family's Christmas pajamas!
Your local Walmart or K-Mart is a great place to buy college sports team lounge pants. Pair the lounge pants with a solid color t-shirt or thermal shirt and you are all set! These boy's sports pajamas will do double duty, they will look great in the matching family Christmas pajamas photos and then he can wear them all winter long.
Matching Pajamas for the Whole Family
Here are a few ideas for matching Christmas pajama styles you can buy for your whole family. With great deals and offers of free shipping online it's easy to check this off your Christmas to-do list!
My Family Rocks Pajamas
Do you buy Christmas pajamas for your children?
Carter's has a terrific selection of kids pajamas which are flame resistant, machine washable and made of 100% polyester microfleece.
Books to Read in your Matching Christmas Pajamas on Christmas Eve
Buy these great books to read on Christmas Eve in your matching Christmas pajamas! Classic titles inlclude The Night Before Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Christmas Story. Read new Stories about Christmas pajamas in two of the books listed below!
Do You Read the book The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve?
The Night Before Christmas Classic Book
"The Pajama Elves" is a delightful, creatively presented holiday tale that shares a family tradition of giving children magic pajamas secretly tailored by Santa's sewing elves, so they can sleep snug in their beds on Christmas Eve.
The Pajama Elves
Puddinhead is a special elf sent by Santa on Christmas Eve to make sure that all children are in bed early enough so he can complete his job of getting all the children’s presents delivered. Without ever being seen, Puddinhead delivers pajamas at the children’s doorstep as a signal to get into bed quickly because Santa is on his way. Once the children experience a visit from this mysterious character they will wait in anticipation for his return each year.
The Puddinhead Story
“Every Who down in Who-ville liked Christmas a lot . . . but the Grinch, who lived just north of Who-ville, did NOT!” Not since “’Twas the night before Christmas” has the beginning of a Christmas tale been so instantly recognizable. No holiday season is complete without the Grinch, Max, Cindy-Lou, and all the residents of Who-ville, in this heartwarming story about the effects of the Christmas spirit on even the smallest and coldest of hearts. Like mistletoe, candy canes, and caroling, the Grinch is a mainstay of the holidays, and his story is the perfect gift for young and old.
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
This classic Little Golden Book invites children to hear the story of Jesus' birth in a stable in Bethlehem.
The Christmas Story
Why do people wear pajamas? And why do they have such a funny name?
English and Americans traditionally wore a long nightshirt at bedtime. The word “pyjama” is said to trace back to the Persian word “payjama,” which means leg garment. It was around the 1920s when two piece pajamas became stylish and designers began to make them out of flannel and wool fabrics to keep Americans warm at night.
Pajamas for children became are an iconic part of the America culture with Norman Rockwell's painting of a child in pajamas with the bottom flap open.
Pajamas are a staple in American culture today, people actually wear them out in public to walk the dog or even to the grocery store!