Caribbean Island Holidays-Ten Things To Do In Barbados
The sheer beauty of the Barbados beaches is enough to tempt anybody to holiday on this charming and vibrant Caribbean Island.
Barbados has long been renowned for cricket , agriculture and tourism.Today the Platinum Coast of Barbados has become the choice of some famous celebrity tourists such as the Beckhams and Mick Jagger.
For anyone choosing a holiday on the alluring Island of Barbados there is more to it than meets the eye and so much to explore on the beautiful Island of Barbados.
Ten Things To Do In Barbados
1. Take a trip to one of Barbados's oldest distilleries,The four Square Rum Factory. Make sure you taste the famous Islands many unique rums.
2. Relax on the stunning white sand beaches, choose a stylish parasol and enjoy the sun and sea at Sandy Lane beach.
3. Make sure you spend a day sailing. Jump on a catamaran and share your time diving and snorkeling wit turtles and the colourful tropical fishes.
4. Try a deep sea adventure aboard the Atlantis Submarine. View the oceans sea creatures and shipwrecks and take in the unusual and striking coral formations.
5. Visit Oistins fish market, a great place for beach parties and you can enjoy the local cuisine of fish and chips.
6. Take a trip to the 300 year old Sunbury Plantation House, here you can absorb the local culture and admire a wide selection of magnificent antiques.
7. If you are taking a summer trip to Barbados you must take in the Crop Over Festival.This annual celebration takes place in July and August, marking the end of the sugarcane harvest. Admire the vibrant dancers and the calypso music rhythm of the steel pan bands that line the streets of this colourful carnival
8. Enjoy a trip to Orchid World and admire the many stunning varieties of the orchid which the Island of Barbados is famous for.
9. Have some surfing lessons. The rugged east coat of the Island is a paradise for new and experienced surfers.Surfing tours are also available.
10. Take a seat at the national sport of Barbados, and watch a cricket match.Cricket was brought to the Island by the English, and what could be better than to watch an international against England,but you can still enjoy the cricket skills at any club match.
- The First Winners of the ICC Cricket World Cup-The W...
West indies dominated cricket in the 1970's.The windies were worthy winners of the first ever ICC Cricket world cup.
- Holiday in Turkey-Ten things to do in Istanbul
- Holiday in The Channel Islands-Ten things to do in J...
- Holidays in the Caribbean-Ten things to do in The Ba...
- Holidays in Mexico-Ten things to do in the Mayan Ri...
- Holidays in Italy-Ten things to do in Tuscany
- Holidays in the Greek Islands- Ten Things to do in R...
The Greek Island is a great place for a holiday or a vacation. What better place to go to Rhodes, and hear are ten great things to do on Rhodes.