- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Celebrate Valentine's Day on a Budget
With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, more and more people are searching online for the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day but on a budget. Some of the few things that come up online are:
- Make the person a personalized gift
- Make a picnic and watch a movie together
- go to the beach and watch the sunset
Any person can celebrate this day without breaking the Bank! In fact, some of the most romatic and unexpected things can be done without spending a fortune, and in just under 20 bucks!
Instructions to have the perfect Valentine's Day on a Budget!
1. Plan things ahead! If you haven't noticed, by now stores are pretty much clearing out their Christmas merchandise to make room for Valentine's Day decorations, and Gifts! USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! I'm serious. I start preparing for Valentine's Day at least One month in advance, by checking out stores and buying materials here and there, and this helps me save a BUNCH! Stores such as: 99Cents store, Big Lots, DD's, and Even Burlington Coat Factory will have Valentine's day merchandise as early as Jan 1st in many cities, and I stock up on them!
2. Make a list of what you need, and start working on them. Ok, Say you want to watch a movie alone in the Theater, and you want to have dinner by the beach. OK! Plan it! Call the movie theaters and ask how much it would cost to reserve a theater on that day. Remember, you may not be the only person that is going to have a date for that day! Also, If you want to be smart, check out a movie from RED BOX At any Walmart or store, and you can have a movie date at home! Each movie is $1 so you will definitely save money on this investment, and you will have an amazing time! This always works for me, and it is so much simpler than going to the movies!
3. Think about the Gifts! If you are anything like me, You aren't so good at giving the perfect gift for ANY person. In my case, I always go with the most "popular" gift to give. Chocolates or flowers? Why not both? When it comes to gifts, YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEND A MILLION DOLLARS TO GIVE A JAW DROPPING GIFT! You just have to think about what the person likes. Go with your First Instinct, if your special person has been asking for a particular thing for a long time, make that wish come true! A card, dinner, or even a simple piece of jewelry will do the trick. Also, if you want to surprise a GUY, you can never go wrong with a trip to a bar to watch sports center, OR a simple cooked meal at HOME!
4. If you are truly on a tight budget, and you are panicking about being able to do something special for Valentine's Day, you might want to try to plan the day together with your partner. There is nothing more special than being able to plan something together as a couple. Especially if this is your first time Celebrating the day with your partner!
Finally don't forget: TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! Taking pictures is a GREAT way of creating memories, and being able to share those moments with your partner the NEXT YEAR. This way, you can also create an Album, and give this as a present for NEXT YEAR! ***HINT, HINT***