- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Event Planning
Celebrate Your Birthday On A Budget
Birthday Party On A Budget
The ambience and atmosphere are the main reasons birthday parties become an essential, yet unforgettable experience for every person on earth. Proper planning can allow you to come up with ideas needed to budget your party, taking into consideration the decorations, invitations, party favors, games, the birthday cake and food to be served during the party.
Plan Your Birthday Bash On A Budget
- Keep the birthday bash small. Invite only close friends and relatives. Reducing the size of the guest list avoids unnecessary expenditures.
- Pick an inexpensive venue such as your house or a local park which is free and offers built-in entertainment.
- Taking a theme party into consideration may be a good option. Using themes may not only allow you to stay in the budget, it will also save time in preparing for it since it will entail getting items associated with the theme. Many tween girls like to create things. Choose a craft party theme for them. Buy some unpainted pottery, picture frames and bags. Present the party folks with some fabrics, paints, sparkles, glue and other decorative items, and let them go to town. You can even choose a chocolate making or "make your own pizza" theme.
- Instead of elaborate artistic and pricey party invitations, a phone call may be used in inviting guests to the party. This way they can be told in person. If all the guests in the list have an internet connection in their homes, an electronic invitation will be an efficient, hassle-free and cheap way of sending invitations. A number of online printers offer samples for custom-made invitations, that are reasonably priced and will be finished fast. You can tap your own creativity to make invitations, the basic template of which can be downloaded from the internet.
- Instead of buying all decorations for the party, try making a few. Choose the ones that can be used again and again, year after year. Fold hats out of newspapers, make a birthday banner from a large sheet of paper and use poster paints to write letters. Put confetti in your balloons. The local dollar store has a huge selection of party decorations that include balloons, cups, plates, and tablecloths.
- Bake your own cake or decorate a pre-made one from the grocery store.
- Keep the dessert to cake, cupcakes, ice cream, milkshakes, juice or soda. You can even make decorating dessert, a party activity.
- Frugal meals such as spaghetti, sandwiches, pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs, and stews can be a budget savvy option. Serving appetizers only will save money. Pasta dishes, tacos, and burritos are also inexpensive to make. Plan for a Potluck wherein all guests bring a favorite dish. Potluck parties can allow you to have top quality food at your party at an affordable cost while also making an affordable party more of an event.
- If you do not have music equipment, borrow it from friends. Make a music mix of retro songs from different decades. Arrange video games.