- Holidays and Celebrations
Celebrating the Fourth of July
July 4th is the one day a year where all of us can celebrate together. This is one of the few Holidays we can all celebrate equally. No matter what political leanings or belief systems or race or ethnicity, we are all Americans. How should we celebrate this day? the birth of our great nation. I will share a few of my ideas.
How to Celebrate...
- Hang an American Flag (the symbol of our Nation's uniqueness)
- Reflect on the rich history of our Founding Fathers. It was their sacrifice and ingenuity that gave us our freedom.
- Read the Declaration of Independence and refresh our minds as to why it happened. (see link below)
- Visit one of the National Memorials and Monuments and bring your family. There are so many...(check link below)
- Use the day as a "teaching moment" for young people who may not know. (check link below)
- Thank a veteran personally for defending our nation both past and present.
- Consider making a donation to one of the many charities that serve wounded Veterans.
- Be thankful to God "the Creator" that you are living in the greatest nation on earth.
- Celebrate with friends and family members. (don't mess with fireworks, leave it to the pros)
- Pledge to support and defend our Constitution.
Quotation from George Washington
“The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the republican model of government, are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as finally staked, on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people.”
“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.”
“You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.”
“We ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.”
“Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. And, like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”
“No pecuniary consideration is more urgent, than the regular redemption and discharge of the public debt: on none can delay be more injurious, or an economy of time more valuable.”
We hope you enjoy your 4th of July Independence Day holiday, and hope that all Americans would recognize that is it by the grace of God that we live in so great a nation. May God continue to bless America!
Our country is going through some rough times. It is easy to get discouraged. We can put aside our differences for just one day and unite to celebrate our nation's birth. Remind ourselves that we have more in common than differences. What binds us together is our common heritage. Celebrate it on July 4th and everyday of the year.
Some Related Information
- Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript
- VIDEO: Citizens Don't Know What Country We Seceded From In 1776.
Infowars.com the home of the #1 Internet News Show in the World.
- Rights and Responsibility of a Citizen
- List of National Memorials of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia