- Holidays and Celebrations
Christmas Angels - Easy how to Xmas dolly peg Angels
© frangipanni 2013. All rights reserved.
Nothing says Christmas like a Christmas Angel or two. Here is such an easy pattern to make you can do it with the kids. Great for teachers to make with their students or anyone who wants to start getting into the Xmas spirit. These Angels are cheap to make, fast to do and the pattern is free. What more could you ask for?
- Wooden dolly pegs
- Fabric scraps (stiff fabric like burlap, hessian, linen, or starched lighter fabrics or lace
- Wool, string or raffia for hair (or try wood shavings for curly hair)
- Craft glue
- Tissue paper for wings
- Cut a piece of fabric 9cm X 12cm.
- Cut 3-4 small slits along the top edge. This will allow you to gather the fabric in to fit the peg.
- Glue the top edge of fabric to the dolly peg, easing it to fit.
- Decorate with ribbon, lace, beads, anything you like
- Glue 'hair' in place. Make it long or short and decorate as you wish.
- Fold the tissue paper and cut wing shapes.
- Gather along the fold line and glue the wings to the back of the angel. Add glitter for a magical effect.
- Add a ribbon loop to hang the angel.
You can bling up your Angels by gluing or sewing on:
- crystal beads
- mini red, green, gold or silver balls.
- buttons and gold cord
- mini bells
- mini holly etc
How pretty are these Angels? Don't forget to make these Angels your own. Bling them up or give a country charm feel using raffia, hessian and buttons for decoration.
If you enjoyed my hub please check out my other hubs, comment, share and email the link to friends and checkout the items printed in blue for my recommendations and links.
If you love Christmas as much as me have a look at these sights for a feast for the senses. All things Xmas!