Reduce Christmas Stress
If you are a stocking stuffer person here are a few things that I find useful when shopping early:
For each family member start a bag or a box with his or her name on it. This way you will be able to tell and see at any time before Christmas what you have purchased for their stocking. This will make it easier when it comes time to wrap all these little goodies as each persons stocking stuffers will be all in one bag. Find a good hiding place so that all the little snoopers cannot find what you have bought.
Places to shop for good deals on stocking stuffers:.
- Dollar stores have useful and fun things that will not cost you a fortune to stuff a stocking with.
- Liquidation stores carry many great items for a lower price tag. You may have to make several trips at different times as these stores change their inventory on a daily basis.
- At Craft shows, fairs and church bazaars many times you can find very unique items for Christmas gifting.
Start by Getting Organized
Organizing for Christmas now can make life less stressful at one of the busiest times of the year.
- Make a list of all the people that you plan on purchasing gifts for. Jot down a few ideas that you have in mind for these people.
- If you are drawing names this year and have not done so yet, this may be a good time to discuss a gift limit and draw the names.
- This year don’t be left wandering around the crowded malls wondering what to buy for people at Christmas. Plan ahead, start now and avoid all those pushy Christmas shoppers.
- Shop leisurely when you have the time to rather than at the last minute. Avoid all of that stress that Christmas shopping brings. Do it now and you will not have that disappointing moment when the shop clerk says to you, “I am sorry but we have been out of that item for over a week now, but come back in January when we are fully stocked.”
Entertaining Over The Holidays
- Entertaining during the holiday season can become quite expensive. If you are planning on buying appetizers start shopping for them now, when you see them on sale. They will keep in your freezer.
- Make a list of all the items that you have bought so that when it comes time you do not have to go digging through your freezer to see what items you have or still need.
- If you serve homemade cabbage rolls, lasagna or meat pies during the holiday season, all these items and more can be made ahead of time and frozen.
Make Sure To Have It In Time For Christmas
- For that special toy that you want to purchase for your child this year, that it is going to be a big seller, you may want to put it on layaway now.
- If gift items need to be ordered ahead of time make sure that you order the item so that it will arrive in plenty of time for Christmas.
- Shopping online is a great way to shop for Christmas presents. Don’t wait until the last minute to do so however as the online stores do run out of stock.
Decorating the outside of your home during the cold wintry storms is not pleasant. Think ahead this year and install all the clips and hooks. This way when it comes time to put up your lights up you will not be standing on a ladder in the cold, rain or snow for as long as all that will be left to do hang the lights.