Denmark Holidays-Ten Things To Do In Copenhagen
Copenhagen is the home town of Hans Christian Anderson, and if you are looking for a a holiday to Denmark then Copenhagen is the perfect place for a winter or summer break.
Copenhagen has often been voted as one of the best places to live. It was in 1167 that Bishop Absalon built a fortress on Slotsholmen Island- which now houses the national government- and that was the beginning of the chic and smart architectural city, that has become a fascinating place to visit and live.
Ten Things To Do In Copenhagen
- Make sure you take a boat trip to see the cities wonderful sights.The canal is the hub of the city and there are many restaurants to sample the local food.
- Try a deliciuos open sandwich or smorrebrod canal side. They are traditionally made with rye bread and topped with shrimps and pickled herrings.
- Check out the beautiful floral displays and gardens,also take a look at the treasures at the Rosenborg Palace(also known as Kongens Have).
- Visit another country and take a day trip to Sweden.You can drive or take the train over the bridge that links the two Nations.
5.Take time out at the Experimentarium, this fascinating science centre contains more than 400 interesting activities .Visit www.experimentarium.dk
6. Watch the world go by as you taste the best Danish lagers, Carlsberg and Tuborg are very popular.You can also try some free samples at the Carlsberg Visitor Centre.
7. You can shop 'till you drop in Copenhagen. Stroget has your favourite brands, but if you have a large bank balance try the Armagetrov section for designer offerings.
8. Relax or thrill yourself at the mesmerising Tivoli Gardens park. There are two types of tickets, you can either enjoy a leisurely stroll around the park which is cheaper than the excitement of the roller coaster rides alternative.
9. Take time out to saunter around the island of Slotsholmen. Separated by a large moat, there are many historical sites and gardens to admire.
10. For those who like to enjoy some of the countries culture, you will adore Copenhagen's Opera House. There are many regular shows as well as organised tours.