Disney Brave Birthday Party Ideas and Supplies
Brave Birthday Party is the perfect theme for your little princess or prince. Read through some of the fun ideas on how to celebrate with this lovely theme, what foods to serve, which games to play, how to decorate a Brave cake and even get some freebies that will help you make this party awesome!
Brave Cupcakes and Cupcake Toppers
Cupcakes should be at every birthday party! In my opinion they are even more fun than the cake!
If you want to make them special you will need to decorate them with special toppers! Archery target is perfect for this theme! Frost the cupcakes with green or yellow (hay) frosting and pop a target on them. You can use the image on the right for free.
You could also make lovely arrow cupcake toppers or even combine them with archery target topper. The ones on the picture (on the right) you can make pretty easily. I also found a great tutorial on how to make another cute cupcake arrows with a free printable pattern over at Bakerella! There's also a recipe for red velvet cupcakes which I think would be perfect, so this is something worth checking out.
You can also use the scenes from the movie and make round cut-outs. You can find lots of high quality images at Brave official site.
Cupcake rings are also fun and they double up as a party favor.
Brave Cake Ideas
- Merida doll cake
- Use cake toppers (edible or sculpted figurines)
- archery range cake (target cake). You can either make a round cake and draw a target on it or you can put a target cake topper on top of it
- bear or horse shaped cake
- cake with celtic decoration
Get Brave Cupcake Rings and Cake Toppers
Official Brave Freebies!
These will truly be of great help at your party! Head over to Family.go.com and snatch yourself some awesome freebie printable and ideas. You can print out free invitations, free thank you notes, paper figures, shrink charm printable (these can also be used as cupcake toppers) and other cool Brave projects.
Brave Party Supplies
You can get pretty much everything your heart desires with this theme.
There were official party supplies released so you have many products to choose from, you can get tableware (cups, plates, napkins...), decorations (balloons, banners, tablecover...), cool party favors (cute lip gloss necklaces, award ribbons, tattoos and stickers...), thank you notes, Brave party invitations, treat bags and more.
You can buy them separately or you can opt for a party pack (which is usually discounted).
You can add decorations in green, blue and lavender color as these are the colors of this theme.
Brave Party Games
- use some of the cool craft projects you can find at family.go.com, they really have some excellent stuff! Making a Merida doll and a crown is a must! Kids will love it plus they will have a lovely souvenir from the party
- a bow shooting contest is a must
- bow, arrow and target making workshop. I am sure you made yourself a bow when you were little so why not have the kids experience this fun project too
- Merida dress up - some bling is always welcome at a party, Merida is nonetheless a princess.
- Scotland Quiz - you can take advantage to bring some education to the party. As the movie is set in Scotland you could teach the kids something about it and/or have a fun quiz about it.
- Make a quilt workshop - get some white fabric and have the kids paint their own Scottish patterns on it. Have the parents help make the quilts for the kids.