- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Disney Cars Birthday Party Ideas
If you have a child who is a fan of Disney/Pixar Cars, here are some ideas to help you plan the perfect party.
There are many invitation options for Cars-themed parties. In addition to purchasing Cars invitations at a retailer, you can also invite guests using creative, homemade invites.
Here are some invitation ideas:
- Cards made by the birthday child using construction paper and Cars stickers
- Photo invitations
- VIP passes
- Race tickets
You can simply browse the Internet for applicable images to create your own photo invites, VIP passes, or race tickets, and print them at home using a color printer.
You can also purchase specialty invites online through numerous vendors and even on eBay.
From tablecloths to dishware, to balloons and banners, you can find all of your decorating needs at party-supply stores nationwide or online.
If you're on a budget, you can simply buy red, black, and white decorations or products with checked-patterns to easily tie into the Cars theme since they are often a lot cheaper than buying products with Cars characters on them.
You can also create your own decorations and banners with images from the Internet, cardstock, and other materials you have on hand to save even more money.
It's simple to create a Cars-themed menu. Here are a few options:
Incorporate a character's name into a dish by matching it up with a food that starts with the same letter, such as:
- Mack's Mac & Cheese
- Chick's Chicken Nuggets
- Sally's Salad
- Flo's Fruits
- Bessie's Breadsticks
Incorporate the character's "country" (more easily done with Cars 2 characters because of the number of cars introduced from different countries) into a meal influenced by the same country.
- Luigi's Pizza
- Pinion Tanaka's Tofu Salad
- Chuki's Soybeans
- Miguel Camino's Meatballs
- Francesco Bernoulli's Fettuccine
Create dishes inspired by cars or car parts, such as:
- Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches cut out with a car-shaped cookie cutter
- Stoplight Cookies
- Dipsticks (chocolate-covered pretzels)
- Spare Tires (chocolate-covered donuts).
For the birthday cake (or cupcakes), many bakeries and grocery stores have Cars cake toppers and designs.
If you opt to bake your own treats, there are numerous tutorials you can find online on how to make Cars-shaped cakes and cake or cupcake toppers.
You can serve drinks in Cars-themed cups, or you can print Cars-themed product labels to place on water bottles, juice bottles, or 2-liter drink bottles .
Some ideas for drinks include:
- Bottles of Apple Juice (Dinoco Oil)
- A dispenser of Water (Fillmore's Organic Fuel)
- 2-liter bottles of Sprite or 7-Up (Allinol)
- 2-liter bottles of cola (Rust-eze)
In addition to having store-bought games on hands for kids to play (e.g. Cars Operation, Cars Checkers, etc.), other Cars-themed party activities could include:
- Playing pin the lightning decal on McQueen using print outs of McQueen and lightning bolts
- Creating kids' "licenses" using a digital camera, printer, and self-laminating pouches
- Visiting "Ramone's House of Body Art" for temporary Cars tattoos
- Playing with Cars vehicles on a cars mat
- Racing using tricycles, outdoor ride-on toys, etc.
Send guests home with Cars candies, stationery, and toys in Cars-themed goodie bags, or make your own personalized goodie bags.
Party-supply stores sell many, many items with Cars characters on them, such as pencils, cups, stickers, yo-yos, and more. Many retailers also sell Cars snacks, such as gummy candy and chocolates.
You can also create your own Cars-themed labels (or go through a vendor) to place on bottles of bubbles, Play-Doh containers, candy bars, and more.
To make your own goodie-bags, simply search for a Cars logo online and use photo-editing software to into insert each child's name onto the logo. Print the logos onto labels and stick onto a black bag.
Don't Forget the Thank You Cards!
Don't forget to buy or make your own Cars-themed Thank You Cards so your child can thank guests for attending and for all of the cool gifts he or she received.