- Holidays and Celebrations
Mini Snowball Macaroons Recipe
Let It Snow
I have never had a white Christmas. It just doesn't ever snow in the area where I live. And so that being the case, We have to create our own as best we can. There is a park nearby, and once every year, around Christmas time, A big truck is brought in and blows artificial snow around. Then the kids from the neighborhood can come and spend some time "experiencing snow"..It's our snow day.
Some folks even adorn their front yards with artificial snowmen, usually cut out of plywood and then painted to look like Frosty the Snowman, Yep he's a Jolly Happy Soul. Then there are some that are made by stacking three tumbleweeds, and then there are those that are purchased, those are usually the blow up models...and they are huge. Although, I have never seen anyone pretend that he is Parson Brown.
We don't have snowball fights and then come in and sit around the fire to warm up. But we do sit around the fire ,sipping hot chocolate and eating our BITE~SIZE SNOWBALL MACAROONS.
Even if you do have snow where you live, what a fun and tasty as well as toasty thing to do on a snow day!
How to make chocolate macaroons
Ingredients For Mini Snowball Macaroons
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Instructions For Mini Snowball Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in coconut, set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whits until soft peaks form; add vanilla. gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar; continue to beat until mixture is very stiff. Gently fold coconut mixture into egg white mixture.
- Drop half teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 10 dozen macaroons.
Super Foods - The Truth about Coconut - Nutrition by Natalie,Top 10 reasons, coconut is a super food.
Bite Size Macaroons
- Gingerbread Man Recipe
With the aroma of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses the one cookie that says it’s the holiday season is the Gingerbread Man cookie. A Gingerbread Man is a rolled cookie (or rolled biscuit) that is usually in the shape of a human but can be cut in other
- Chocolate Cherry Nut Texas Sheet Cake
This Chocolate Cherry Texas Sheet Cake is Big in taste and Big in size. If you like the taste of mocha and cheeries, then you will love this easy to make cake...not only is it easy and fast to make . It is moist and delicious.
Save your hard earned dollars this winter by making your own instant hot cocoa. Easy to make...Also great for gift giving...
- Cream Cheese Date Turnovers Recipe
This cookie is so delicious. When I set out a plate of cookies these are the ones that are devoured first
Little Coconut Macaroons
Little coconut snowballs.We don't have snowball fights and then come in and sit around the fire to warm up. But we do sit around the fire ,sipping hot chocolate and eating our BITE~SIZE SNOWBALL MACAROONS.