- Holidays and Celebrations»
Easter Events for Kids in Chicago
Capture your Easter family memories with beautiful photos!
- Easter Photo Ideas: Photography Props and More
Are you planning an Easter photo shoot with your babies or young children? Make your session complete with fun props, accessories, and backdrops suited just for kids.
This Easter think about getting out in Chicago with your family for a fun event that everyone will enjoy. There are a number of options throughout both the city and the suburbs. Chicago has something for every family. Check out Easter bunny breakfasts, Easter egg hunts, egg decorating sessions and more as well as family friendly restaurants with Easter brunch, lunch, and dinner specials.
Easter Egg Hunt Tradition & AWESOME Prize Basket
- Addison Park District - Spring Events
Official Addison Park District web site featuring information and online registration for seasonal programs including preschool and special events, parks, facilities, online brochure, community calendar and so much more.
Addison Park District
Teens' Flashlight Egg Hunt. Friday, March 27. Search by flashlight for eggs. You win a prize if you find the golden egg. Register by March 26.
Easter Egg Hunt and Pancake Breakfast. Saturday, March 28. Breakfast: 8:00 to 11:30 a.m., Easter bunny photos: 8:30 to 10:00 a.m, Easter egg hunt: 10:30 a.m.
The all you can eat pancake breakfast features pancakes, sausage, and beverages. The Easter egg hunt is open to children ages 10 and younger and is free for participants.
- Alsip Park District - Calendar of Events
The Alsip Park District located in Northeastern Illinois, provides it's community with diverse indoor and outdoor recreation amenities for all ages including: 20 park sites on 201 acres of park land.
Alsip Park District
- Flashlight Egg Hunt. Friday, March 27, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Sears Park at 123rd & Trumbul. Participants will have a chance to hunt for candy, plastic eggs, and glow-in-the-dark items. Register early. Don't forget to bring a flashlight and a basket and to dress accordingly for the weather.
- Easter Egg Hunt. Saturday, March 28, 9:00 to 9:30 a.m., Commissioners Park. The hunt is geared for children ages 11 and under. They will be split into age appropriate groups for the hunt.
- Easter Bunny Breakfast. Saturday, March 28, 9:30 to 11:00 a.m, ARC/Gymnasium After the egg hunt, join the Easter bunny for a breakfast buffet and Easter activities. $6 for residents, $9 for non-residents.Pre-registration is required. The deadline is March 14 or until the event is fill.
Chicago French Market
2015 Event: Saturday, April 4, free
Don't miss the opportunity to take a ride on the Bunny Train between 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and enjoy all of the sights at the market. The Easter Egg Hunt takes place at 1:30 p.m. Eggs filled with candy and toy surprises will be hidden at over 30 different market vendor stalls. The Easter bunny will be circulating the market throughout the day. Take advantage of market-wide tastings all day on Easter.
Oakbrook Terrace Park District
2015 events: All of these events take place on Saturday, March 28. Pre-registration is required for both of the egg hunts. For more information, visit the park district website linked on the right or call (630) 627-6100.
- Doggy Easter Egg Hunt, 9:00 a.m., Terrace View Park. The dogs will be searching for doggy treats. There will be treats, prizes, and more. All dogs must be on leashes and wearing collars during the entire event.
- Easter Egg Hunt, 10:00 a.m. Many of the eggs in the hunt contain prizes. The Easter bunny will be making an appearance at the hunt. Don't forget to bring your own basket.
- Bunny Breakfast, 10:30-11:30 a.m. After the egg hunt is over, the festivities will move inside. Everyone can enjoy pancakes and sausage while spending more time with the Easter bunny.
- Kooky a Chicago Children's Boutique
Kooky Kidstuff children boutique toy book store Michigan Avenue Chicago
Kooky Kids, a locally-owned children's boutique, is hosting the Easter Bunny on Saturday, March 21 and 28 and April 4, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and again from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Photos are free and no purchase is necessary.
3rd floor of the Northbridge Mall
2015 Event: Spring Garden Party, April 4
The main event features an egg hunt, cotton candy, face painting, a petting zoo, a live performance with Miss Jamie's Farm, and a visit from the Easter bunny. The festivities take place from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the north end of Old Orchard near Bloomingdale's and the PlaySpace. The event is free, but pre-registration is required. General admission check-in will be just outside of Banana Republic with egg hunt check-in is near Bloomingdale's.
After the main event, there will be at Rooftop VIP party from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Admission is $15 per person. Children under 2 years of age get in for free. All children must attend with an adult. The party includes a light lunch, beverages, smoothies from Peeled Juice Bar, and a live magician. Check-in for the Rooftop party is near Athleta.
- Calendar - Schaumburg Park District
Schaumburg Park District's calendar displays all upcoming events in the District.
Schaumburg Park District
- Family Egg Decorating Night, Thursday, March 26, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Bock Neighborhood Center. Bring your whole family and a dozen hard-boiled eggs. The egg decorated supplies will be provided. Participants can enjoy a flashlight egg hunt in the park while the eggs dry. ($7 for residents, $9 for non-residents)
- Easter Egg Hunt. Saturday, March 28, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m., Vera Meineke Nature Center at Spring Valley. Hunt for Easter eggs in a gorgeous wooded environment near Merkle Cabin. Participants will also have a chance to dye their eggs. Ages 3 and up. ($15 for residents, $20 for non-residents)
- Bunny Bash, Saturday, March 28, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Community Recreation Center. The event features both indoor and outdoor activities including photos with the Easter bunny, egg hunts, craft projects, games, concessions, moon bounces, a petting zoo, and pony rides. (Pre-registration: $12 per child, day of registration: $15 per child. Parents and children age 1 and under get in for free. Includes everything but concessions.)
- Chocolate Bunny Building, Sunday, March 24, 1:00 to 3:30 p.m., Volkening Heritage Farm at Spring Valley. Parents must attend with registered children. The fee includes both the parent and a child. Geared for ages 5 through 8. ($12 for residents, $18 for non-residents)
- Bunny Visits, Tuesday, March 31, 5:00 to 8:30 p.m. Arrange for the Easter bunny to make a special surprise visit to your own home. Families can opt to leave a basket of gifts on their front porches for the bunny to bring inside. The bunny visit will last approximately five minutes. Pre-registration is required. The registration deadline is March 30 at 5:00 p.m. or whenever the bunny's schedule is full.
- Bunnies, Chicks, and Eggs, Oh My. Thursday, April 2 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Community Recreation Center. Children can make a craft with the Easter bunny and his friends, participate in an egg hunt and enjoy treats, games, and free play. Geared toward ages 3 to 6. $10 for residents, $15 for non-residents.
Celebrate Easter with a brunch, lunch, or dinner out in Chicago with your family.
Dollar store Easter crafts
Make Easter crafts as a family this year.
- Easter Crafts for Kids: Easy Ideas for Homemade Projects
This article is about Easter crafts for kids. It contains over a dozen easy ideas for handmade projects. There are lots of photos, links, and resources.
- Easter Craft Ideas for Kids and Adults: Projects with Buttons
Are you looking for easy Easter craft ideas for kids or adults? Consider making projects with buttons including greeting cards, Styrofoam eggs, and wall décor.
- Easter Greeting Cards: Free, Unique Ideas to Make
This article is about Easter greeting cards. It contains over ten free, unique ideas to make. There lots of templates and printables as well as photo examples and other resources.