- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Greeting Cards
Easy to Make Happy Mother's Day Card with Stamping and Cricut
Mother's Day is a wonderful holiday to celebrate your own mother, someone else's mother or any woman special to you that happens to be a mother too. A homemade card is a great way to say 'you are special" to that special mother in your life.
Using the Cricut personal cutting machine alone with punches from Stampin'Up! allows you to create a meaningful card customized with the colors and patterns of cardstock that you want to use. The Cricut cuts many shapes and sentiments using Cricut Cartridges; the library of cartridges for a Cricut is almost endless.
The punches punch out accurate and clean edged shapes and the prices are reasonable for the versatility you get with punches.
I used small squares of adhesive foam for the daisy in this card, giving it a raised look on the homemade card. You can use these squares anywhere there is a layered look, giving it a 3-D effect.
Cricut Cartridge: Simply Charmed
Cricut Machine Blade Depth: 3
Cricut Machine Speed: Medium
Cricut Machine Pressure: Max
Stampin'Up Punch: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer
Adhesive Foam Square
The Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch is a very versatile punch to use for your scrapbooking or homemade cards.
If you wish your flower to be different colors:
- You can punch out a single daisy layer using the left setting
- You can punch out a smaller single daily layer using the middle setting
- You can punch out the top cutout daisy layer and outline using the right setting
If you wish your flower to be all the same color:
- You can punch out the entire flower layers using the right setting.
Step by Step
For your homemade card cut your cardstock to be folded.
- I cut a piece of cardstock to a size 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".
- Using the Cricut folding tool I folded the cardstock in half making my card to be a size 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" with the fold at the top.
Punch the two border pieces using the Stampin'Up! Lacy Border Punch.
- Take 6" piece of cardstock and punch all the way across.
- For each section to be punched simply match up the already punched cardstock with the picture on the punch itself. This allows a continuation of the punch design.
- In order to fit on the card, cut off each end of each strip so that the pattern ends at the same place on each end and the entire strip measures 4".
Adhere punched out border to either side of the card.
Punch the bottom flower layer using the left setting of your punch. I used a light green cardstock. Discard any unwanted punched shapes.
Punch out the middle flower layer using the middle setting of your punch. I used a pink cardstock. Discard any unwanted extra shapes.
Punch out the outer ring and top lacy flower layer using the right setting of your punch. I used a yellow cardstock and discarded extra unwanted shapes.
Adhere the bottom layer of the flower to the top center of the card.
Adhere the middle layer to the center of the bottom layer of the flower.
Adhere the outer ring to the flower.
Adhere a small foam square to the back of the lacy layer.
Adhere the lacy layer to the top of the daisy.
Cricut sentiment: Happy Mother's Day
Cut one <NstDoll2>, page 40, size 2 1/4" using the Word, Shift, and baseboard key. This will cutout the bottom shadow layer of your sentiment.
Cut one <NstDoll1>, page 40, size 2 1/4" using the Word and baseboard key. This will cut out the top layer of your sentiment.
Adhere the bottom shadow layer of the sentiment to the bottom middle of your card.
Adhere the top layer to the bottom layer of the sentiment.