Egyptian recipes: Egyptian Easter Pie
My easter pies
Tips on colouring eggs naturally
I like to play. One of the funny things I like to do since a was a little child is colouirng eggs in Easter. Here are some tips for using natural things to colour eggs, and a vdeo is here also to show you other tips.
- To get a bluish purple colour, you need to boil some Hibiscus leaves in water for 2 mniutes.
- To get yellow colour Boil onion skin in water for 20 minute.
- To get green colour mince parsely and boil it n water for 20 minutes.
- To get brown colour, boil tea for 5 minutes.
You can cook eggs in the coloured water separately for 10 minutes then let them cool down. You can then arrange them in a basket.
To prepare a pie you need
1 kg "2 pounds" flour
2 tbsp yeast
3/4 cup warm water
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 cup tbsp sugar and 1 egg for decoration
300g (3/4 pound) butter at room temp
4 tbsp oil
1/2 cup milk
- Stir yeast and warm water "Not hot" and 1 tsp sugar
- In a mixer put flour, oil and milk. mix them slowly for a while then add some salt.
- Add the 8 eggs one by one till you put them all
- Now add pieces of butter and keep mixing
- Pour dissolved yeast and keep mixing
- You can add more flour if it's loose
- Leave the dough in a bowl and cover it for 30 minutes
- Cut the dough into small pieces and shape it into bunnies or any other shape you like
- decorate with coloured boiled eggs
- Beat the egg and brush the pies then put some sugar on top
- Bake in 330o F for 30 minutes
If you need tips and tricks for cooking and using eggs go this hubpage.