- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Asia Holidays
Feng Shui For Prosperity in The Year Of The Ox
The Year of Bull? No, It's the Year of the Ox
Another Chinese New Year is upon us, and if you've looked at any of the latest media reports, chances are good you're hoping that the Year of the Ox is a time for prosperity and a time for economic stability. Maybe this year will push your finances back into the black – and back into an area where you feel confident each time you balance your checkbook.
Times have been tough, but new beginnings always fill us with a sense of optimism. With the beginning of the Chinese New Year on January 26, 2009, the year of the Ox began – and it seems to be the year when all of our dream may very well come true.
A Year of Prosperity? Great, I'll Sit Back and Relax…
The Year of the Ox is associated with great prosperity according to its association with power. But while better times may be ahead, the Ox is also associated with hard work, so you're going to have to work for this prosperity you crave. You need to use logic in order to find the financial stability you crave, and when you do, the stars are aligned to make things as simple as possible.
And as productive as possible.
But just because it's the Year of the Ox doesn't mean you can wait for things to happen to you. Just like the Ox, you need to make sure you are taking the necessary steps towards reviving your financial health. You need to begin to look into options that will help you get that new job or to get the promotion. If you're already in a financial quagmire, you need to begin to slowly and steadily think of ways you can change your luck from bad to good.
You need to become stubborn like an Ox. You need to begin to put your head down and to concentrate on the year ahead of you – after all, that's what an Ox would do. You don't see many oxen sitting around, complaining about what a mess they're in, do you? No, you see an Ox barreling toward their goal each and every time.
Are You an Ox?
But just because this year is the Year of the Ox doesn't mean other years haven't been just as 'stubborn.' If you were born in any of these years, you have an Ox person:
Being born in the Year of the Ox is a powerful birth year. The Ox is a power sign who is not only dependable in the tasks they take on, but also quite capable to getting things done right the first time.
If you're an Ox, you are someone who is willing to suck it up and not complain about the tasks they have to accomplish. You're the person every boss dreams of having on their team. You're smart, you're practical, and you probably don't even worry about the current financial snafu since you always pay your bills and spend within your means.
I'm Not an Ox, I'm Doomed…
While you might not be able to realign the stars, you can realign the rest of your life in order to make every year the Year of the Ox for yourself. With Feng Shui tips and tricks, you can begin to change the energy in your world, helping it to attract money to you instead of repelling it away from you, as it seems to do lately.
Here are some easy tips to make sure your Feng Shui is Year of The Ox-compatible:
- Get rid of anything that's dead or dying – If you have a home that's filled with dead plants or plants that seem to be shriveling up, it's time to toss them. You're attracting the energy of death, and that's not good for your bank account. You also need to toss or to fix anything that's broken in your home. After all, if it IS broke, you need to fix it.
- Stop the flow of water – If your faucets are dripping, your money energy is going down the drain as well. Fix these sinks pronto in order to keep the flow of money in your life from swirling away.
- Look to the far left corner of each room – According to some Feng Shui practitioners, this is the corner of each room that is associated with money energy. To help boost your earning potential, you want to fill this area with green things and symbols of money. These additions will help to encourage wealth and prosperity.
- Clear away the clutter – While we all have plans to clean our house…someday…what better time than the present? By taking away the junk in your life, you can make room for all the things you want – money included.
The Year of the Ox can be your year – after all, it is written in the stars. But that doesn't mean you can just sit around, eating dumplings. You need to get up and start barreling through your life just like an Ox would.
And you need to start now.
This hub brought to you...
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency www.ExquisiteWriting.com
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW - SIMPLY CLICK HERE... (or contact me to write one for you!)
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to CreativeCommons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California94105, USA.