- Holidays and Celebrations
Five Gifts Ideas For Any Occasion
Have you ever found yourself without a gift when you need one? I have definitely been in a bind at the last minute or just not knowing what to get for someone. Whether it be a last minute party or a housewarming gift, it pays to have a few universal gifts at home. Here are some ideas that are easy to put together.
1. Stock up on supplies during back to school sales or go to an office supply or dollar store. Put some colored pencils, pens, markers, or crayons in a pencil case and add a notebook, sketch pad or journal. This is a great gift for kids parties, for an artist friend, or anyone who likes to write or who makes lists.
2. Have a great recipe you would love to share? Whether it's cookies, hot dish, lasagna or even a drink recipe you can gather up the non perishable ingredients and a mixing bowl, a baking dish, or utensils, and add your recipe. Now you have a great gift for any occasion. It makes a great housewarming gift, Christmas present or birthday present.
3.Gift cards are another great option. Although not as personal as some other gifts, it is still a nice option for those who are hard to buy for. They are also a great gift for someone you may not know really well or for someone at the office. Since they don't expire, they are perfect to have on hand.
4. Some cute necklaces and bracelets are great gifts for girls. Match box cars and Legos are perfect for boys. There have been many times where my kids were invited to a party last minute or they forgot to tell me about the party until the night before. Having extra gifts was a real life saver for me.
5. Of course the last one would have to be wine. There are so many great inexpensive wines out there, that you can have many different types on hand. A nice rose is a very versatile and works for those who like reds or whites. Trader Joe's carries some great ones. As long as they are stored correctly, you can keep them for quite a long time.