Fun and Spooky Halloween Party Food Recipes
Witches Finger Cookies
Plan a Fun Halloween Party With These Unique Recipes!
Scare some fun up with a Halloween Party this year; here are some great
finger food recipes to make a successful party.
The party goblins, ghost and witches will come creeping back to try all of these fun dishes. With all of these spooky dishes have a screaming good time!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almonds, whole, blanched
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl; combine the sugar, egg, butter, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Shape cookies taking only a small portion of the dough from refrigerator at a time.
- Shape the cookie into fingers by rolling and working with your hands.
- Score the top of each cookie with a knife to make it look like wrinkles in your knuckle.
- Press an imprint into the tip of the cookie with your finger for the almond finger nail.
- Press almond into the tip of each finger.
- Coat a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray, place cookie fingers on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on a rack.
Deviled Egg Eyeballs
- 3 dozen eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can black olives or green olives
- Divide eggs between two large pans, cover with cold water.
- On medium heat bring the eggs to a simmer; simmer for 15 minutes
- Drain water and allow eggs to cool.
- Peel off shells and slice eggs lengthwise into halves and remove yolks.
- Place egg whites on a serving dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, mustard mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper.
- Mix egg yolk mixture until smooth.
- Use a spoon or pastry bag; fill egg whites with egg yolk mixture.
- Garnish each egg with a slice of black olive.
Make 72 servings.
Halloween Orange Cupcakes
I have given the recipe for an orange cupcake, but you can use any type and flavor you like.
Included are some images to give you some tips for decorating your Halloween cupcakes, let the kids help they will have a ball.
The candy corn and candy pumpkins also make great decorations. Enjoy. Happy Halloween!
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat margarine and sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat.
- Place Halloween muffin liner in muffin tins
- Fill cupcake liner ½ to 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Frost as desired.
Decorating Tips For Halloween Cupcakes
Dragon's Blood Punch
- Apple juice
- Ginger ale
- Cranberry juice
- Mix equal parts of apple and cranberry juice and ginger ale.
- When ready to serve, place half the mixture in the punch bowl.
- Add ice.
Frozen Hand Floating In Halloween Punch
- Fill a surgical glove with water. (use un-powdered ones)
- Add a little food coloring.
- Close the glove securely with a twist tie.
- Hang glove from a shelf in the freezer.
- When frozen, cut off the glove and place hand in punch bowl.
- Do not overfill as water, glove it will expand as it freezes
Halloween Ghoul-aid Recipe
- 1 package Kool-Aid grape flavor unsweetened mix
- 1 package Kool-Aid orange flavor unsweetened mix
- 3 quarts cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 quart chilled ginger ale
- Mix both packages of Kool-Aid, in a large punch bowl.
- Add sugar and water.
- Mix well.
- Add ginger ale before serving.
- Float in your punch and see the response from this spooky display!
Welcome! Please Pick And Choose Spooky Recipes For Halloween!
Halloween Mummy Pizza
- 3 cups baking mix, like Bisquick
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1-8 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-7 ounce jar pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine baking mix; ground hot pork sausage; and cheese in a large bowl until blended.
- Make sausage mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls, and lay on greased baking sheet.
- Press one Spanish olive, pimiento-stuffed, deeply into middle of each sausage ball.
- Bake in oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes, should be lightly browned.
- 12 red delicious apples
- 12 wooden skewers
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Insert a stick through stem, leaving about two inches sticking out.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, food coloring and water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until ingredients are dissolved and liquid boils.
- Set a candy thermometer in mixture cooking, without stirring until reaches 290 degrees.
- Place chopped peanuts in a bowl.
- Remove syrup from heat, dip each apple, one by one, coat evenly, working quickly.
- After dipping each apple roll in peanuts to coat then place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Let apples cool for at least an hour.
Fingers In Dip
- Vegetable dip, your choice
- 4 long carrots
- 1 medium carrot
- Softened cream cheese
- Baby carrots
- In a bowl make your favorite vegetable dip.
- Peel and wash 4 longer carrots for fingers and 1 shorter carrot for a thumb.
- Cut a notch in the tip of each carrot. Then use a little dip to glue a almond slice for a fingernail on the top of each notch.
- Place the fingers in the dip making it look like a hand sticking up!
- Serve with baby carrots for dipping.
Orange Halloween Poke Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3.25-ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- Prepare cake and bake as directed on package in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes.
- Pierce cake with a large fork or end of wooden spoon at ½ -intervals.
- Dissolved gelatin in a small bowl with boiling water. Add cold water and stir to mix well.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Tint whipped topping with orange food coloring; spread on cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more before serving.
- Just before serving, decorate with sprinkles.
Makes 16 servings.
- 2 ½ quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 14-oz package light caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pop the popcorn.
- Keep popcorn warm in a 200 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
- Place caramels in top of double boiler over simmering water to melt.
- Add corn syrup and water and mix until smooth.
- Place warm popcorn in large bowl.
- Slowly pour over popcorn in the bowl.
- Stir to mix well.
- With buttered hands, shape into balls about the size of softballs.
- Let cool completely before wrapping with plastic wrap.
More Delicious Recipes to try!
- Lovers of Chocolate Recipes Galore
Lovers of chocolate, I have recipes galore to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth! Cookies, cakes, pies, and chocolate coated bacon! Yes I said bacon!
- Let’s Party! The Best Appetizers And Snack Recipes!
Let’s party, with these addicting cheesy sausage, caramelized Vidalia onions, Guacamole and veggie pizza dips and snacks recipes!
Trick or Treating!
Do you take your kids Trick or Treating?
© 2016 Margie Lynn