Fun Page-A-Day Calendars for 2016
A great way to liven up each day at home or at the office is to have a daily calendar, the so called "Page-A-Day" calendars. With the new year coming up, now's the time to purchase a daily calendar so you can see something new each day! They also make great gifts around this time of year!
These calendars can be found on Amazon.Com as well as in all kinds of stores, from department stores to greeting card stores to book stores.
Cat Page-A-Day Calendar
An ever-popular theme of page-a-day calendars is cute animals. What could be a better gift for a cat-lover than getting to see a new kitty every day? Unless otherwise noted, these are desk calendars.
If you or a friend are cat lovers, here's a sampling of some feline page-a-day calendars:
- 365 Cats: Like it sounds, a cat for every day of the 365 in a year.
- Cat Gallery: Professional photographs of cats.
- Cat Naps: Pictures of kitties, well, napping.
- Stuff on my Cat: Pictures of cats whose owners have placed a variety of items on top of them.
Then there are the calendars for the dog lovers:
- 365 Dogs: A dog for every day.
- Bad Dog: Photos of dogs "gone bad," with captions to boot.
- Puppies Mini Calendar: Who can resist a puppy a day?
- Dog Gallery: Like Cat Gallery, professional photos of dogs.
Of course, people like animals other than pups and kitties. Here are some other calendars for various animal lovers:
- Audubon 365 Songbirds and Other Backyard Birds: Close-up, in color, professional shots of birds.
- Horses Desk Calendar: ...what else, pictures of horses.
- Cute Overload: A personal favorite. Pictures that are so cute they will make you squeal like a little girl.
- Frogs Desk Calendar: Froggies every day!
Jokes and Humor
Humorous Page-a-Day calendars are a fun way to start off each day with a laugh.
- 365 Jokes, Puns, & Riddles: A year's worth of silly jokes and dorky puns that will make you guffaw or roll your eyes.
- 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said: One of the first and most popular daily calendars. As the name indicates, each day you get to read something stupid that someone actually said or printed.
- Family Guy Day-to-Day: Trivia and jokes from the TV show Family Guy.
- The Office (NBC): It's one way to deal with life in a cubicle. Quotes from the NBC hit show "The Office."
- Bathroom Humor: For the immature potty-mouth on your list... which just might be yourself.
And a bonus for animal lovers AND humor lovers: Animal Crack-ups: Each page has a wild animal picture and a goofy joke about animals.
Trivia and Miscellany
Everyone knows at least one person who could easily be on Jeopardy for all of his or her useless knowledge. Well, naturally, there are calendars for those people who love trivia and miscellaneous tidbits of information and who would love to learn more.
- 365 Amazing Trivia Facts: Designed purely for the trivia lover.
- Smart Ass: You get eight clues to guess a person, thing, or place each day, "delivered with attitude," hence the name.
- 365 Sports Facts a Year: For the man or woman in your life who is constantly quoting sports statistics.
- Fact or Crap: You know those bizarre pieces of trivia that you hear and can't believe? Well, this calendar tests your credulity and asks you to guess if these "facts" are real or actually just crap.
- Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader: The TV trivia show in the form of a daily calendar.
- Jeopardy!: If you can't go on the actual show, this calendar will have to suffice.
Riddles and Brain-teasers
Brainteaser Page-A-Day Calendars
For those of you who enjoy riddles, brainteasers, and puzzles, there's a calendar for you, too. More than one. If you want to start every day of the year with a nice brain workout, check out one of these calendars:
- Mind Benders and Brainteasers Puzzles: The name says it all.
- 365 Number Puzzles: A calendar to suit crossword-puzzlers who like to work with numbers in games like Sudoku.
- Mensa 365 Brain Puzzlers: A calendar brought to you by the IQ geniuses Mensa.
- The New York Times Crossword Puzzles: A NYT crossword puzzle every day of the year.
- Cranium: The fun, smart board game in calendar form.
Useful Tips for Busy People
If you want a calendar that doubles as a source of advice and new ideas, then you might want to choose a Page-a-Day calendar such as one of the following:
- Book Lover's Calendar: A different book each day. Great for people looking for book recommendations and people looking to expand their literary repertoire.
- 365 New Words a Year: A different word each day. Remember the date AND expand your vocabulary each day!
- Busy Mom's Calendar: Includes a space for notes each day and all sorts of other interesting pieces: new vocabulary, events that occurred that day in history, birthdays, jokes, trivia, tips, and quotes.
- Keep Calm and Carry On: Need some inspiration for those busy, stressed-out days and weeks? Each day has a new piece of sometimes humorous, sometimes profound advice in the form of quotes and slogans.