Get Well Wishes: What to Say in a Get Well Soon Card
What to Write in a Get Well Soon Card
Sometimes, you feel sorry that someone is sick and know that the right words might make him or her feel better. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to find the right words to write in a card, on their Facebook wall, or in a text message (sms). Use the suggestions below as a resource to help you figure out what to say to wish someone a quick and full recovery from an illness or operation.
Not every example included below will work for your situation, but whether you choose to be sincere or funny, you will find many ideas to help you write your card. Remember, laughter is sometimes the best medicine for an ill person, unless the person has sore stomach muscles.
Examples of Get Well Wishes
- I wish you were feeling better so we could hang out, but I am looking forward to your full and quick recovery.
- I am sorry you are not feeling well. If you don't get better soon, I might have to yell.
- Sometimes getting sick means you get really tired and weak. I am hoping that you get stronger soon.
- I am praying that you will be healed, and in the meantime that you are given the encouragement and comfort you need.
- I don't think I would like it if you got well soon. I want you to get well now!
- I have come down with something. I am sick of you being sick.
- I am wishing you a fast recovery from your illness, and I hopefully you can work your bigger problems out too.
- It stinks when you are sick because we don't have your help here at work.
- Having to be in the hospital is no fun. We are hoping you are out in no time. Wishing you to get well soon, with love.
Get Well Soon Messages for a Hospital Stay
Having to stay in the hospital is disruptive to a person's life, so visiting a friend and wishing them a speedy recovery is a nice gesture. Use one of these examples to write in your get well card:
- I like visiting my friends, but I don't like when I'm visiting them in the hospital. Get well soon, so I can visit you at home!
- If you hear an annoying beeping noise in the hospital, that's a good sign. That means your heart is still beating.
- Hospitals are not the most fun places to be, but thank goodness you are where you need to be. You're in my prayers. I'm looking forward to you getting back on your feet.
- Being in the hospital is no fun. Hurry up and get better, so you can get home. That's where you can really recover.
- Look on the bright side: since you're in the hospital, I know you don't have any other plans. That means I can come hang out with you whenever I want.
Get Well Words
Words for Get Well Wishes
Sometimes it's best to write your own get well wishes. If you don't know how to do that, follow these directions for how to write your own get well message:
1. Use these words in your get well wish. These are some common words and if you combine several of them, you are likely to get a nice-sounding get well wish in the end.
2. Just choose a few of the words and see what comes out. For example: God, love, strength, sick, send, grant, and pray can be turned into:
"I am sorry to hear you are sick and I'm praying that God will grant you His strength during your time of illness. I am sending you my love."
More Examples of Get Well Wishes
- Encouraging Messages and Quotes: Words of Encouragement for Cards
Words have the power to tear down or build people up. Use these words of encouragement to help someone who needs a little inspiration. These are encouraging quotes.
- Get Well Card Messages - - Examples Of What To Write In A Card
- Greeting Card Messages: What to Write in a Card
Leave Your Own Get Well Wishes
Please help others out by leaving you example of a get well wish. This way other visitors to this page can use your ideas also. Leave your get well soon message below.