- Holidays and Celebrations
Get Well Wishes for a Pet: What to Write in a Card
When a Pet Gets Sick
Pets are special members of the family. They entertain, love unconditionally, relieve stress, and keep us from being lonely. Even pets aren't immune to illnesses though. When a pet is ill, owners may feel worried and sad.
Writing a pet get well card message is a great way to acknowledge the illness and provide some support. Think about some of the qualities of the pet, and read over these examples. Then you can decide what message will be best to send to the owner.
Get Well Wishes for Pets
These are some sincere get well messages for a pet. Use one of these if you are unsure about whether to use humor.
- I am looking forward to seeing ___ back to his/her shenanigans.
- Please take care of that gorgeous furry friend of ours. I am quite fond of him/her.
- If an apple a day keeps the doctor away for humans, then what keeps the vet away for pets.
- Pets aren't supposed to get sick. They are supposed to help us feel better. I hope yours gets better soon.
- I am thinking of your little friend, and I am wishing him well.
- No one can love pets like their owners, but I sure do like yours a lot. So I'm wishing your pet to get well soon.
- When special friends are sick, they need a special get well card.
- People and animals both get sick, but animals don't seem to get enough get well cards.
- If I need to comfort your furry friend, let me know. I enjoy the company of amazing animals.
- No one deserves to get sick, especially cute, little, innocent pets!
- Give your little furry friend some extra hugs and treats for me, and tell him/her to get well soon.
Get Well Messages for a Dog
- "Bark, bark, Ruff, Ruff!" "Translation: Get well soon!"
- There's no shame in feeling bad, unless you have to wear a cone of shame.
- I hope you get back to chasing squirrels in no time.
- Four paws, floppy ears, and a wet nose do so much good for the soul. I hope your friend's body is healed soon!
- Get your four-legged friend back to health.
- The best friends come with a lot of fur. I'm wishing your friend to get well soon!
- Translate this message for me into dog bark language. "Get well soon!"
- If a dog has a cold, is its sense of smell still better than a human?
- I hope that doggoned injury heals quickly!
Get Well Wishes for a Cat
- Cats are fighters. That's why they come with claws, fast reflexes, and sharp teeth. I hope your cat fights through this with feline frenzy!
- I hope your cat doesn't have to spend any of it's nine lives to recover.
- I hope your cat doesn't land on it's feet. I'd rather it bounce back and get well soon.
- It almost seems like all cats are injured. That's why they say "Me-Ow."
- I hope your cat recovers without any CAT-astrophy happening.
- The best thing about cats is their ability to survive. Hopefully those survival instincts will kick in and everything will be fine in no time.
- Me-ow! That's what a cat says when it gets hurt.
Get Well Messages for Reptiles
- Tell your cold-blooded friend to get well soon!
- Even though they don't ever shed tears, reptiles do have feelings. We know that, because they shed their skin instead.
- Reptiles are resilient. Anything that has the ability to regenerate is tough in my opinion. I hope your reptile regenerates quickly and fully to it's original condition!
- At least you don't have to worry about your reptile getting a temperature! We hope it gets well soon!
What Not to Write in a Pet Get Well Card
There are some things that may offend or otherwise be inappropriate to include in a pet get well message. Here are a few:
- Do not minimize the importance of the pet. Writing something like, "Hey look on the bright side. Maybe you'll get to get a new puppy soon after this one dies!" is insensitive.
- Never compare the pet to your own pet. Your pet is different. Whether your pet had something similar is not necessarily comforting. Focus the message on the pet that is currently ill or injured.
- Never mention negative qualities about the pet. Even if the owner had talked negatively about the pet in the past, it's not a good time to bring those up. Many people might be o.k. complaining about some quirk that their mom has, but no one else dare to talk bad about their mom. If the pet is ill, assume it's the best pet the person could ever have.
- Never make a suggestion to euthanize the pet. Saying things like, "I think it may be time to put him down" is not smart. The owner can ask you for that advice when he or she needs it.
Which Type of Pet?
What kind of animal are you writing a get well message for?
More Pet and Get Well Messages
- Get Well Soon Messages: Examples of What to Write in...
These are examples, instructions, and tools to help you write your get well card messages. You can comfort or entertain with the perfect words to help them get well soon.
- Encouraging Messages and Quotes: Words of Encouragem...
Words have the power to tear down or build people up. Use these words of encouragement to help someone who needs a little inspiration. These are encouraging quotes.