Gift Baskets for Special Occasions and Special People
Gift Baskets Are For Anytime
Most people love to receive gift baskets. They can contain a variety of wonderful items all geared towards the likes and interests of the person receiving the basket. Throw in a gift card at their favorite place to shop and make a gift basket the perfect gift.
Gift baskets are wonderful to give or receive any time of the year and for most any occasion but especially during the holiday seasons. Now would be a great time to get started planning your gift list and any gift baskets that are on your list. Writing down your ideas and getting your supplies bought will be early start.
Variety Gift Basket
Basic Gift Basket Requirements
Gift baskets make great gifts for your friends, family and co-workers. When you choose to make and give a gift basket, you are not only creating a work of art, you are giving a gift of love from your heart.
Gift baskets are easy to assemble with a little planning and organizing. First, you will want to pick a theme to work with. After that you will need to gather your supplies and the items you are going to be using in the gift baskets.
Supplies you will need to start:
- Baskets can be anything that will hold your items. This can be big plastic or glass mixing bowls, wooden boxes, sturdy plastic boxes or even small laundry baskets. Small coffee cups or large soup bowls make great containers for homemade candy gifts.
- You will need cellophane to wrap the entire basket in
- Bows, or pretty ribbons
- Wrapping paper if you are going to include any breakable items or wish to wrap some items individually
- Shred or tissue paper to fill spaces
- The gifts you are going to fill the basket with
- A nice card to attach informing the recipient of who the gift giver is
- Any gift cards that you intend to include
There are many places to find good sturdy cheap baskets. You can often find good, sturdy, clean but cheap baskets at local yard sales, thrift shops such as Goodwill, or flea markets. Check out the dollar stores as they should have a good selection of cheap bowls and plastic containers. Check with friends and neighbors to see if they have anything that they are wanting to get rid of that would be of use to you.
Or head to your favorite store and buy your baskets along with the gifts you are filling the basket with. You can also save time and make it one trip where you buy your supplies, gifts and a nice basket.
Fruit as a Gift Basket
Basket Themes and Ideas
You will want to pick a theme for your gift basket. Gift Baskets can be given for many occasions such as holidays, birthdays, weddings, bridal showers or baby showers. So you will want to make your basket fit the occasion. Here are some gift basket ideas and suggestions.
- Fruit baskets are always popular during the holiday season and are easy to assemble. Just buy several types of fresh fruit and arrange in a nice pattern. You may want to place the larger items on the bottom so the smaller items are higher and visible.
- Wedding or bridal shower baskets can be fun and interesting to put together. A great idea is to make a wine basket which might include the couple's favorite wine or champagne along with a wine cork, and two champagne glasses, some cheese, chocolates, and some scented candles. If your budget permits you can also include a gift card.
- With birthday baskets, you want to take into consideration the person's age, likes and dislikes. For small children you can put in crayons, coloring books, small toys or a small stuffed animal and candies. Top it off with a balloon. For an older person, you might make a wine basket, which could include wine, cheeses, variety of ready to eat meats, and candy. Top it off with some flowers for a female and a card for a male.
- Baby showers baskets can be filled with many items the new mom is sure to appreciate. Include things like baby powder, baby wipes, bibs, baby lotion, baby oil , pacifier and a small stuffed animal. Add a big bow to the top and attach a rattle.
- Smell good baskets are those that you can make and add perfumes, bathing oils or gels. Add some pretty scented soaps, candles and you have a good smelling basket.
- Valentine baskets can be filled with lots of good tasting chocolates and wine or champagne. Remember to add some flowers and a nice Valentines Day card.
Putting The Basket Together
After choosing the theme, the basket and the items for in it, then it is time to put it all together. If you have any items you want to wrap separately, do that first. Especially wrap anything that is breakable to protect those items from breakage. Then begin arranging the items in the basket. If you are using a deep container, you might want to use some fill, or tissue paper on the bottom to make the items high enough to be seen. Then place the items in the basket while placing shredded fill around the items. Finally, cut your cellophane so that it is large enough to cover the entire basket with enough left at the top to attach a nice colorful, large bow or ribbons as well as a card.
Your basket is now ready to be given as a beautiful gift.
House Plant Gift Basket
How To Make And Package A Gift Basket
What Are Your Thoughts On Giving A Gift Basket
Have You Ever Given A Gift Basket As Your Gift
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2014 L.M. Hosler