Father's Day Gift Ideas for New Dads
Gift Ideas for New Dads
First Time Dads Gift Ideas
Becoming a father for the first time can be an exciting yet scary time for men. They will share for the first time the responsibility of taking care of a child while at the same time trying to figure out their new roles as fathers in their already busy lives. Why not give them a gift to welcome them into their new role as a dad and provide them with some useful items to make the transition into fatherhood a bit easier?
Here you'll find great gift ideas for new dads, including:
- must-have baby items for new dads
- car gifts for new dads
- personalized gifts for new dads
- books for new dads
- and more!
Gifts for New Dads
What do you think would top your man's list of best gifts for new dads?
Must Have Baby Items for Dads
Baby items tend to be made for moms, from the cute diaper bags to the maternity or nursing pajamas for their stay in the hospital. Believe it or not, there are items out there made just for new dads who want to be included in all the fun of caring for the new baby!
Here are some must have baby items for new dads:
- Diaper bag for men. Many diaper bag companies are now recognizing that men may have to tote around a diaper bag and may not want to carry a flowery or trendy diaper bag that the moms carry. These diaper bags made for men tend to have more of a tool belt functionality to them and come in styles and colors that men can appreciate.
- Baby clothes from favorite sport, team, hobby, or musician. Baby clothes come in all sorts of designs now destined to make dads proud. Why not buy the baby some clothes that support the new dad's favorite things, like a sport, team, musician, hobby, etc.?
- Strollers made for taller people. It can be hard to use an average stroller when you're a tall man. Many of the handles are the perfect length for people of average height, but not for taller people like my husband. Buy the new dad a stroller made for taller people so he can go on walks with baby too!
- Clothes for delivery day. Women have the opportunity to buy some new clothing to wear in the hospital for delivery, but why not men? There are now clothing options out there for new dads, like the "I'm the Daddy" scrubs for the hospital.
- Backpack Carrier. A back pack carrier would be an awesome baby gear item for new dads who like to go on walks or hikes and don't want to bring along a stroller!
DaddyScrubs I'm the Daddy Scrubs
Gift Sets for New Dads
Daddy & Co. make some awesome gift sets for new dads, like the Daddy Swag Gift Set I reviewed on my blog Mommy Knows What's Best. It includes a t-shirt, their ever-popular DaddyScrubs, sunglasses, a hat, and more!
Gifts for New Dads
Books for Expectant Fathers
Car Gifts for Men
A car or truck can be one of a man's greatest possessions, especially if he works hard to keep it clean and looking great. When a baby comes into his world, he may feel a bit nervous about putting that adorable yet messy baby in his car or truck along with all of the baby's necessary gear, like the car seat, strollers, etc.
Here are a few car gifts you can buy for a new dad to help him keep his car clean and looking great:
- Car Seat Protectors. Baby car seats can create indents the the back seats of a car. A car seat protector creates a barrier between the baby seat and the cloth or leather of the back seat, reducing the indents and other possible issues that can happen from the baby car seats moving around.
- Kick Mats. The new recommendation for babies in car seats is that they are rear facing until they reach two years of age. This means that the baby's legs, as they grow, may have the tendency to reach the car's seats, making marks or dirty smudges on the cloth or leather. Also, when the child is old enough to be forward facing, the same can happen on the back of the driver or passenger seats. Kick mats prevent those marks or dirty smudges from making a mess of the interior of the car.
- Trunk or Cargo Liner. A trunk or cargo liner is a handy item for a car or truck, especially when a new dad is placing a stroller with dirty wheels in the back of his car or truck!
How to Clean Cloth Seats in a Car
Personalized Gifts for Dad
Personalized gifts for new dads can be fun to find since there's so many things that can be personalized to fit the personality and lifestyle of men. Plus, personalized gifts can be either bought from a store or website, or even handmade for that special personal touch.
Here are a few ideas for personalized gifts for new dads:
- Hand painted mugs
- Photo frame with baby's picture and name
- Monogrammed wallet, bag, or clothing item
- Customized ornament for a new dad
- Customized key chain
- Personalized toiletry bag
How to Make a Personalized Mug
Photo Gift Ideas for New Dads
Photo gifts are very popular for new dad gifts, ranging from simple framed photos to office supplies with photos on them.
Here are a few ideas for photo gifts for new dads:
- Tie with the baby's photo on it
- Pen/pencil holder or desk organizer with photo
- Mug or cup with photo
- Photo memory book
- Cell phone case with photo
- Blanket with names and photos
- Photo magnet
- Mouse pad with photo
- Playing cards with photos
- Paper weight with photos
Lawn Care Services
Unique Gift Ideas for New Dads
Some gift ideas for new dads can simply be to give them something they enjoy or something that would give them more time to spend with the new baby.
Some of these gift ideas include:
- Lawn care services or equipment
- Car care services
- Coupon book (days off from doing the garbage, mowing the lawn, washing the car, etc.)
- Beer of the month club
- A night out with the guys, guilt free
- Tickets to a sporting event
- Tickets to a concert
Gift for a New Dad
When choosing one of these gifts for a new dad, try to pick something that you know fits his personality or lifestyle. But, no matter what you choose, know that the new dad will be appreciative that you took the time to remember him during the special occasion of his son or daughter's birth.
For more parenting, family, or kids articles, visit my profile here.