Giving Thanks On This Thanksgiving Day
Everyone should be giving thanks on this Thanksgiving Day no matter how bad you think things are in your life.
There are so many people in the world that are going through such tough times in their lives, but always remember there are many things to be thankful for, such as just being alive and healthy and being able to get up each and every morning and be alive to enjoy your day.
I recently wrote two hubs on Hurricane Sandy and the destruction it caused most of the East Coast and changed the Coastline forever.
Thousands of families have lost their entire life savings and belongings because of this super storm Sandy, but they are alive and will be able to rebuild their homes and lives a little at a time. I am very sure even though they have lost their material things they are alive and healthy to tell their story and experiences of this devastating storm that changed their lives.
The example I am trying to make here is that, yes they have lost so much , but their hope of rebuilding their lives and homes remain.
As devastating as it may be they are very thankful to be alive to tell their stories of that day that will remain in their minds forever.
Being Thankful on Thanksgiving Day
Be Thankful for What You Have
So many people are not thankful enough in their lives and take everything for granted. You must give thanks for everything you have in life and appreciate what you have. I know people that hardly have nothing in their life and are so appreciative and thankful for WHAT they do have, even if it is not a lot.
I feel that each and everyday we should thank our maker, God for everything he has given us and appreciate each and everything. We need to stop wanting more and more in life and just be happy for what we do have and be thankful.
As for Myself and Being Thankful Each Day
As for myself, I give thanks each and everyday for my sobriety. For anyone that knows me and has read my hubs that I write knows exactly what I am talking about, and if not, I write on alcohol addiction and the way I surrendered to my demons and now living a clean and sober life now and forever. I write to help others understand that just because you have an addiction of any sort it is not the end of the world.
Your addiction is certainly fixable if that is what you want in your life. Getting back to being thankful on this Thanksgiving Day. I am very thankful for everything I have, including my sobriety.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR ON THIS THANKSGIVING DAY AND EACH DAY OF THE YEAR.
- I am thankful for God giving me life.
- I am thankful for my parents and sister, and for being raised up the right way, and being taught all the right things to do in life.
- I am thankful for my beautiful wife that has stood by my side through my addiction to alcohol and all the tough times we had through the years of our marriage.
- I am thankful for my two beautiful children that also stood by my side through thick and thin.
- I thank God each day for giving me the strength and willpower to give up my addiction to alcohol and to live a life of sobriety now and forever.
- I give thanks for what my wife and I have accomplished since I became clean and sober. We have finally made it to living at the New Jersey Shore and couldn't happier.
- I am thankful for my precious Grandson and future Grandson on the way in March of 2013.
These are some of things I give thanks for and hopefully you give thanks for what you have on this Thanksgiving Day as well.
Even though you may think your life is on the down side, never stop thanking God for what you have. You must always gives thanks for what you have and never give up on the future and what may happen in your future. Stay positive and remember the power of prayer does do many wonderful things for all mankind.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FOR ALL THAT HAS READ THIS AND GOD BLESS EACH AN EVERYONE OF YOU ON THANKSGIVING AND THE WHOLE YEAR THROUGH.
© 2012 Mark Bruno