Golden Jubilee(50th) Marriage Anniversary: Quotes, Gifts, Party Ideas
Beautiful quotes for 50th wedding anniversary!
- They call 50 years the Golden Anniversary; the two of you shine and are great examples of what a marriage should be.
- Today as both of you look back with happiness and pride. Upon the fifty cherished years that you have spent side by side, may every memory that you share. Of dreams you've seen come true, help make this special Golden day. A happy one for you!
Why to Celebrate the 50th Wedding Anniversary, in a Grand and Golden Manner?
- Golden jubilee wedding anniversary is a super special occasion, not only for the couple, who are fortunate to celebrate 50 years of togetherness, of successful married life, but also for their children and grandchildren.
- Therefore, this special occasion must be celebrated, with full enthusiasm and participation with all close relatives, extended relatives and friends.
- For this, prior and proper planning is necessary.
- For a couple, who have spent fifty years of their lives together, it must not have been an easy, and smooth journey.
- They must have had their share of joys and sorrows, difficult times, as well happy times.
- Because the life is like that. Success and failur, Joys and sorrows go hand in hand.
- But they faced it together, because they had a commitment, they had promised to each other, that they will stand by each other, no matter what situation they face.
- And this needs to be celebrated, and that too in the golden and grand manner.
- Any grand celebration needs accurate planning, and efficient execution and this is nothing less but a 'Golden Jubilee Wedding Anniversary Celebrations'.
- Some of the most common things, related to this super celebration is mentioned below, other things you can add.
50th Anniversary song, source: YouTube
Are you Planning to celebrate, the 50th Wedding Anniversary of your Parents or Grandparents?
The greatest happiness of a couple who have been together for 50 years, would be to see their whole family together. What better way, to make them enjoy this great occasion, by being together with their loved ones, and all those who have touched their lives in some way or the other.
But it may be possible that their children are living at far off places, due to their jobs or other family compulsions.
Prior invitations must be sent to everyone in the family, so that they can make arrangements to reach the venue on the celebration day.
Venue, decorations, food:
It’s important to decide the venue in advance. Because, if the number of relatives and friends is large, you would need a bigger hall, or garden, or park to make adequate arrangements.
And these places, whether in a hotel/ restaurant, or garden/ park need to be reserved in advance.
Food and cakes, and decorations also need prior planning, reservation, and bookings.
It would be great, if you arrange for a 'Golden theme' party.
Golden flowers, golden curtains, golden cake, golden sweets like laddoos, golden table spreads and crockery, with a touch of or lining of gold.
Arrange for some golden yellow flowers, like 'Marigold' tied with golden ribbons or balloons, and some gifts, which are golden in colour.
Music and dance make it memorable:
No celebration can be complete, without lots of music and dance, and it is true almost for any culture, or any country.
You can either arrange for professional artists, or prepare yourself with your own set of music and dance program.
How about choosing to play or perform some of the couples favourite songs from earlier years?
They call 50 years the Golden Anniversary; the two of you shine and are great examples of what a marriage should be.
Half a century ago, they say, a wonderful marriage began that day. Two beautiful people joined as one, and worked together to make living fun. We celebrate now those fifty years; We raise our glass and give three cheers: To partners in life in both work and play, its our pleasure to share your golden day. Happy 50th Anniversary!
Say it with 'Golden gifts' on 50th Wedding Anniversary
1. Gift something in 'Gold':
Gold is the most suitable gift, on this occasion, if you want to gift a jewelry piece. Choose from a gold chain, ear tops, ring, gold coins, golden pen, golden buttons, bracelet or, depending upon the choice of the couple.
You may even gift golden wrist watches. Many beautiful couple watches are available in the market in wonderful golden color.
But remember to keep it a light piece, as they are not in that age to wear or like a heavy piece.
2. A dress in golden colour or some utility items:
A sari with golden border, or a golden suit for the lady, and a golden shirt or tie for the gentleman.
The choice of clothes for gifting, should depend upon what they usually wear-- western clothes, or Indian clothes.
You can also gift them bed covers in golden colour. Gifting comfortable shoes is also a good idea.
3. A collection of photographs or album:
Select some photographs of the golden moments of the couple's life, such as their wedding, their children's first birthday's photographs, their graduation, their wedding and other such memorable pictures, and get them framed with a golden border.
You can also make a CD of old photos from the album and gift it for the special occasion.
You can also select some pictures of the couple’s golden and sweet memories, and upload them in the digital photo viewer. I am sure they will love this gift.
4. Some thoughtful gifts:
This is the age when the needs of the couple are limited, and different from what they were, when they were younger.
Think about that, and gift accordingly. It can be related to their medical or travel requirements. Anything that makes them a little more comfortable regarding finances.
Some kind of health insurance package is also a good idea for gifting on the 50th wedding anniversary.
5. Make it yourself:
Handmade gifts are always welcomed by the recipients, because it has a personal touch.
Make your own greeting card or message, written with a golden sparkle pen.
You can also make a wall hanging or a painting or some other craft work, which you know the couple would love and appreciate.
6. Arrange for a slide show of pictures:
You can select some memorable photographs, from the couples album and make arrangements for a special slide show, for all the invitees, and of course the couple will be delighted to watch the same.
The golden jubilee wedding anniversary song, source: YouTube
Have you celebrated your parents golden jubilee wedding anniversary?
Enjoy the Auspicious, Rare and Special 'Golden Occasion”
50th Wedding anniversary parties are usually planned, for the celebrating couple, by their children, or grand children.
A Gentle Reminder :
- This is a special occasion, and remember the couple have persevered for 50 years to reach here.
- Do not go overboard and keep it simple.
- What is important is, to spend 'Happy moments' together, of which the celebrating couple, is a fine and true example.
- In spite of the best planning, and best efforts, there can be some things, which may not turn out as you had desired.
- But that is true about life as well, isn't it!
- Just keep your cool, and enjoy the togetherness of special, and loved ones.
50th wedding anniversary source:You tube
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan