Great Gift Ideas for Men
Sometimes it is hard to buy gifts for men. Generally, they like different things than women do, and everyone is unique. No two men are alike, so even if you are a man, you may not be quite sure what he wants. But once you get to know him, it is usually easier to decide what he might like. With this in mind, ask yourself some questions that are helpful in determining what types of gifts he may like.
Feel free to participate in one of the two polls at the bottom of this article, and leave a comment. I enjoy receiving input. I hope this is article is useful!
If you need inspiration for finding a fantastic gift, browsing online is a great way to go- but since you are here, you probably already know that! I like checking out some of my favorite novelty gift sites (check out the links to a few of my favorites at the bottom of this page). I also use sites such as Shutterfly and Snapfish, which both have a wide selection of photo gifts.
Also try browsing some of the stores he likes to go to.
Another thing that comes in handy: Ask him what he wants! That may ruin the surprise factor, unless you ask way in advance. But if nothing else, it will give you more ideas.
Ask someone he is close to if they have any good ideas.
Questions to Ponder
- Is he an outdoorsman? Does he like to grill?
- Is he active? Is he fit? Is he into sports?
- Is he into cars?
- Is he into electronics or technology?
- Is he into photography? Is he an artist?
- Is he into music?
- Does he like to read? Is he a writer?
- Is he introspective and reflective? Is he reminiscent?
- Is he intellectual?
- Is he stylish and well-dressed?
- Does he enjoy things that are comfortable?
- Does he enjoy pampering himself?
- Is he a foodie?
- Does he have a favorite beverage? Maybe beer, wine, coffee, tea, or soda?
- Is he more of a gadget guy, or more of an experience guy?
- Is he a bit of a goofball, or serious?
Now that you have put some thought into it, here are some gift ideas for a variety of different interests:
A Nice Grilling Utensil Set
For the Outdoorsman/Griller
- Grill set
- Picnic bag or backpack
- Cooler (I have even seen some that have speakers and a hookup for an MP3 player)
- Griller's apron
- Grilling gloves
- Meat thermometer
- Beach chair
- Grilling cookbook
- Camping Accessories
- Fishing pole, bait, tools, lures
Gift Ideas For Foodies: by Natashalh
- Gift Ideas for Foodies | The Best Presents for a Foodie
Finding the perfect gift for a foodie can be agonizing. Learn what books, gadgets, and foods are sure to be a hit!
A Cool Coin Bank
For Car Lovers
- Something for his car, either to organize it or freshen it, or else to hold his cool gadgets
- A bumper sticker or decal
- A car model or model kit of a car he lusts over
- A grooming kit, disguised as a car is a cool little gift
- There is quite a selection of novelty money banks with a car theme
- Change or a gift card to get his car washed and detailed
- Car wash and detail set
- Gift card to his favorite auto, hardware or tool store
Ticket Stub Diary
For the Fitness Buff or Sports Fan
- Fitness equipment
- Fitness/workout book
- Protein powder
- Duffel bag
- Sports gear
- Clothes or baseball cap of his favorite team or player
- Autographed ball
- Ticket Stub Diary
Men Like Bags, Too!
- Nice wallet
- Passport holder
- Duffel bag
- Toiletry bag
- Grooming kit
Gadgets and Accessories
- MP3 player
- Mobile speakers
- Surround-sound system
- New cell phone
- Cell phone case or holder
- CD holder
- Pocket watch
- Computer mouse
- Mouse pad
- Emergency light/radio/charger
- Game chair with speakers
- DVD of a movie he likes or wants to see
- DVD set of a tv or movie series he is crazy about
Guitar Pick Punch Set
For the Love of All Arts
- Art set
- Musical Instrument
- Guitar pick
- Guitar pick puncher (for punching out his own guitar picks)
For the Writer
- Journal or nice notebook
- Special planner for writers
- Books on writing
- Reference books for writing
- Subscription to a writing magazine
- A paid trip to a writer's conference or retreat
- Good quality pens
- A writing program for his computer
There are many things that you may be able to make for him, depending on what you know how to do. Here are some ideas:
- Cook a tasty meal for him, either indoors or outside
- Bake a treat he would like
- Make homemade hot sauce, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, marinade, seasoning mixes, or tea mixes that you think he would like
- If he is into baking himself, maybe make a jar of homemade baking mix to give him, along with recipes to use with it
- If you're an artist, draw or paint something for him
- If you know how to do something that he has shown interest in, offer to teach him how to do it. Lessons make a wonderful gift
- Coupon books are popular for couples. Print out and personalize ones online, or else create your own using paper or cardstock and a pen or marker, and whatever other supplies you have on hand
Check out Suzie's hubs on homemade products for men!
- Homemade Shaving Cream
An easy to make homemade shaving cream for men and women which will leave your skin in tip top condition using natural chemical free ingredients. Recipe includes Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Rosemary.
- Homemade Eau de Cologne For Men
Refreshing Eau de Cologne is easy to make at home with natural essential oils. Here I have 3 recipes for men that are inspired by the very first homemade Cologne so read on for recipes, tips and more!
Crafting Photo Gifts
- Crafts Using Family Photos: Make Gift Wrap, a Journal and a Keepsake Box
Dust off those old family photos and finally print off your newer ones! Create personalized gift wrap, embellish a journal, or decorate a keepsake box. Let's get crafty!
There are many things out there that can be personalized
- Buy something that he'd like, and have his initials or his nickname engraved/embossed on it
- Get him a book or framed page of events and news from his birthday or birthyear, or a newspaper page from that day
- Framed photos, or collage of photos
- Personalized street sign
There are many experience-based gifts you can give him. Depending on what he likes, here are some ideas:
- Take him out to eat at his favorite place, or a new spot you've been meaning to go together
- Give him tickets to a sports game
- Give him tickets to his favorite band
- Bring him to a local nightspot that features his favorite local band
- Bring him somewhere away from civilization a little to look at the stars, if that is his kind of thing
- Go on a picnic together
- Pay for him to have lessons for something he's interested in learning
- Go on a tour of someplace that he really likes
- Go on a vacation together, or on a day trip. This can be a fun experience, if you both have the money and time
Cool Beans Ice Tray Adds a Cool Factor to Iced Coffee Drinks
For the Coffee or Tea Lover
- Gourmet coffee, or a bag of his favorite blend
- A gift card to his favorite coffee shop
- Coffee of the Month membership
- A personalized or novelty mug that he would enjoy
- Irish Cream or Kahlua to mix with his coffee
- Biscotti, or something to go with his coffee
- A cool ice cube tray for making coffee ice cubes for his iced coffee
- Something with a coffee theme, such as a cool plaque, framed art, magnet, etc
- "Gourmet" coffee toppings/spices
- A nice coffee maker, espresso maker, or coffee grinder
- Tea of the Month Club membership
- A box of his favorite tea
- A cannister of looseleaf tea
- A tea infuser- there are some really cool ones out there! For example,Titanic, shark, submarine
- Coffee mug (I like to buy one that is either really cool, a great style, or with a personal photo on it. Something memorable that can be cherished and enjoyed)
- Flavored coffee syrup: Click below for homemade coffee syrup recipes, courtesy of one of my favorite bloggers (Mummy Deals)
- Homemade Syrups | Homemade Syrup | Simple Syrup
These 10 recipes for homemade syrups are so easy that you can make homemade syrup and give as a gift. Homemade coffee syrups as gifts are cheap and easy.
Prank Pack fake gift boxes are a really funny way to pack your boyfriend's gift
- Prank Pack - Genuine Fake Gift Boxes
Sure to be the hit of the next party you're dragged into, Prank Pack fake gift boxes appear to contain ridiculous products from clueless companies. Just pack your real gift inside, sit back and revel in their half-hearted enthusiasm.
These are some great sites to order unique gifts from:
- Birthday Gifts for Men - Gifts.com
Visit Gifts.com to find Birthday gifts for Men from the best stores on the Web. Our Gift Gurus hand-pick and recommend unique Birthday gift ideas based on a recipient's age, gender, interests and more.
- Perpetual Kid- Unique Gifts to Entertain Your Inner Child
Unique gifts are easy to find at Perpetual Kid. Home to the largest selection of fun & functional gifts for the young at heart! Thousands of gift ideas for Father's Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Corporate Gifting, Baby Showers, Weddings, Valenti
- gifts for boyfriend on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
gifts for boyfriend
- Gifts for Him, Gift Ideas & Presents for Men - Buy from Prezzybox.com
Buy gifts for him for any occasion! We have great gifts for brothers, dads, boyfriends, sons and husbands. We have gifts for men of all ages with fast delivery!
- A nice bathrobe
- Slippers, maybe even heated
- A plush blanket for chilly nights
- Bed lounger
- Heated shaving cream dispenser
Beer/Liquor gift ideas
- A bottle or pack of his favorite kind
- Beer or shot glasses
- Liquor decanter or flask
- Drinking game sets: Shot glass checkers or tic-tac-toe, Darts, Beer Pong
- Beer home brew kit
- Book on beer or wine tasting
- Book with drink mixer recipes
- Drink chillers
For the Men
What category of gifts sounds the most appealing to you?
For the Women/Gift Hunter
Which type of gift do you enjoy giving to a man?
Other Gift Ideas
- A gift basket full of food that he likes
- Food samplers
- Gourmet hot sauce, barbecue sauce, marinade
- Cooking lessons
- His favorite candy
- A book by a favorite author, or a series or genre he enjoys
- Clothes (preferably if you know what his size and style is)
- New shoes
- A hat
- Cuff links
- Money clips
- Cologne, after shave
- Shower gel and "detailer", if he's into those (some of them smell really good!)
- Belt or money belt
- A collectible: whatever he collects (such as memorabilia, comic books, Matchbox cars, figurines, hats, stamps, coins)
- A display case for his collectibles
- Rack or organizers (example: hat rack for someone who owns a lot of hats)
- Office accessories