Great Gift Ideas for Men
Gifts For Men
Sometimes it is hard to buy gifts for men. Generally, they like different things than women do, and everyone is unique. No two men are alike, so even if you are a man, you may not be quite sure what he wants. But once you get to know him, it is usually easier to decide what he might like. With this in mind, ask yourself some questions that are helpful in determining what types of gifts he may like.
If you need inspiration for finding a fantastic gift, browsing online is a great way to go. But since you are here, you probably already know that! I like checking out novelty gift sites, as well as photo gift sites.
Sometimes you can get good gift options by asking friends, or even discreetly fishing for ideas from the man himself. If you happen to be shopping with him, pay attention to what he is most interested in. Being observant is the key to buying a memorable gift.
Questions to Ponder
- Is he an outdoorsman? Does he like to grill?
- Is he active? Is he fit? Is he into sports?
- Is he into cars?
- Is he into electronics or technology?
- Is he into photography? Is he an artist?
- Is he into music?
- Does he like to read? Is he a writer?
- Is he introspective and reflective? Is he reminiscent?
- Is he intellectual?
- Is he stylish and well-dressed?
- Does he enjoy things that are comfortable?
- Does he enjoy pampering himself?
- Is he a foodie?
- Does he have a favorite beverage? Maybe beer, wine, coffee, tea, or soda?
- Is he more of a gadget guy, or more of an experience guy?
- Is he a bit of a goofball, or serious?
Now that you have put some thought into it, here are some gift ideas for a variety of different interests:
For the Outdoorsman/Griller
- Grill set
- Picnic bag or backpack
- Cooler (I have even seen some that have speakers and a hookup for an MP3 player)
- Griller's apron
- Grilling gloves
- Meat thermometer
- Beach chair
- Grilling cookbook
- Camping Accessories
- Fishing pole, bait, tools, lures
A Nice Grilling Utensil Set to Take Grilling to a New Level
This article has fantastic gift ideas for foodies
- Gift Ideas for Foodies | The Best Presents for a Foodie
Finding the perfect gift for a foodie can be agonizing. Learn what books, gadgets, and foods are sure to be a hit!
For Car Lovers
- Something for his car, either to organize it or freshen it, or else to hold his cool gadgets
- A bumper sticker or decal
- A car model or model kit of a car he lusts over
- A grooming kit, disguised as a car is a cool little gift
- There is quite a selection of novelty money banks with a car theme
- Change or a gift card to get his car washed and detailed
- Car wash and detail set
- Gift card to his favorite auto, hardware or tool store
A Cool Coin Bank
I bought one of these coin banks before, and it is great to see the needle climb toward the full line as you add more change. It makes saving your change easy and amusing, and is a masculine accent piece.
For the Fitness Buff or Sports Fan
- Fitness equipment
- Fitness/workout book
- Protein powder
- Duffel bag
- Sports gear
- Clothes or baseball cap of his favorite team or player
- Autographed ball
- Ticket Stub Diary
Ticket Stub Diary
Men Like Bags, Too!
- Nice wallet
- Passport holder
- Duffel bag
- Toiletry bag
- Grooming kit
Gadgets and Accessories
- Music player
- Mobile speakers
- Surround-sound system
- New cell phone
- Cell phone case or holder
- Pocket watch
- Computer mouse
- Mouse pad
- Emergency light/radio/charger
- Game chair with speaker
- Movie or tv show series he likes or wants to see
For the Love of All Arts
- Art set
- Musical Instrument
- Guitar pick
- Guitar pick puncher (for punching out his own guitar picks)
Guitar Pick Punch Set
For the Writer
- Journal or nice notebook
- Special planner for writers
- Books on writing
- Reference books for writing
- Subscription to a writing magazine
- A paid trip to a writer's conference or retreat
- Good quality pens
- A writing program for his computer
There are many things that you may be able to make for him, depending on what you know how to do. Here are some ideas:
- Cook a tasty meal for him, either indoors or outside
- Bake a treat he would like
- Make homemade hot sauce, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, marinade, seasoning mixes, or tea mixes that you think he would like
- If he is into baking himself, maybe make a jar of homemade baking mix to give him, along with recipes to use with it
- If you're an artist, draw or paint something for him
- If you know how to do something that he has shown interest in, offer to teach him how to do it. Lessons make a wonderful gift
- Coupon books are popular for couples. Print out and personalize ones online, or else create your own using paper or cardstock and a pen or marker, and whatever other supplies you have on hand
These are a few products for men that you can make yourself
- Homemade Shaving Cream
An easy to make homemade shaving cream for men and women which will leave your skin in tip top condition using natural chemical free ingredients. Recipe includes Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Rosemary.
- Homemade Eau de Cologne For Men
Refreshing Eau de Cologne is easy to make at home with natural essential oils. Here I have 3 recipes for men that are inspired by the very first homemade Cologne so read on for recipes, tips and more!
There are many things out there that can be personalized
- Buy something that he'd like, and have his initials or his nickname engraved/embossed on it
- Get him a book or framed page of events and news from his birthday or birthyear, or a newspaper page from that day
- Framed photos, or collage of photos
- Personalized street sign
Crafting Photo Gifts
- Crafts Using Family Photos: Make Gift Wrap, a Journal and a Keepsake Box
Dust off those old family photos and finally print off your newer ones! Create personalized gift wrap, embellish a journal, or decorate a keepsake box. Let's get crafty!
There are many experience-based gifts you can give him. Depending on what he likes, here are some ideas:
- Take him out to eat at his favorite place, or a new spot you've been meaning to go together
- Give him tickets to a sports game
- Give him tickets to his favorite band
- Bring him to a local nightspot that features his favorite local band
- Bring him somewhere away from civilization a little to look at the stars, if that is his kind of thing
- Go on a picnic together
- Pay for him to have lessons for something he's interested in learning
- Go on a tour of someplace that he really likes
- Go on a vacation together, or on a day trip. This can be a fun experience, if you both have the money and time
For the Coffee or Tea Lover
- Gourmet coffee, or a bag of his favorite blend
- A gift card to his favorite coffee shop
- Coffee of the Month membership
- A personalized or novelty mug that he would enjoy
- Irish Cream or Kahlua to mix with his coffee
- Biscotti, or something to go with his coffee
- A cool ice cube tray for making coffee ice cubes for his iced coffee
- Something with a coffee theme, such as a cool plaque, framed art, magnet, etc
- "Gourmet" coffee toppings/spices
- A nice coffee maker, espresso maker, or coffee grinder
- Tea of the Month Club membership
- A box of his favorite tea
- A cannister of looseleaf tea
- A tea infuser- there are some really cool ones out there! For example,Titanic, shark, submarine
- Coffee mug (I like to buy one that is either really cool, a great style, or with a personal photo on it. Something memorable that can be cherished and enjoyed)
- Flavored coffee syrup: Click below for homemade coffee syrup recipes, courtesy of one of my favorite bloggers (Mummy Deals)
Cool Beans Ice Tray Adds a Cool Factor to Iced Coffee Drinks
Homemade Syrups are a Nice Touch
- Homemade Syrups | Homemade Syrup | Simple Syrup
These 10 recipes for homemade syrups are so easy that you can make homemade syrup and give as a gift. Homemade coffee syrups as gifts are cheap and easy.
Beer/Liquor gift ideas
- A bottle or pack of his favorite kind
- Beer or shot glasses
- Liquor decanter or flask
- Drinking game sets: Shot glass checkers or tic-tac-toe, Darts, Beer Pong
- Beer home brew kit
- Book on beer or wine tasting
- Book with drink mixer recipes
- Drink chillers
- A nice bathrobe
- Slippers, maybe even heated
- A plush blanket for chilly nights
- Bed lounger
- Heated shaving cream dispenser
Other Gift Ideas
- A gift basket full of food that he likes
- Food samplers
- Gourmet hot sauce, barbecue sauce, marinade
- Cooking lessons
- His favorite candy
- A book by a favorite author, or a series or genre he enjoys
- Clothes (preferably if you know what his size and style is)
- New shoes
- A hat
- Cuff links
- Money clips
- Cologne, after shave
- Shower gel and "detailer", if he's into those (some of them smell really good!)
- Belt or money belt
- A collectible: whatever he collects (such as memorabilia, comic books, Matchbox cars, figurines, hats, stamps, coins)
- A display case for his collectibles
- Rack or organizers (example: hat rack for someone who owns a lot of hats)
- Office accessories
Wrap Gifts with Style
There are many creative or simple ways to wrap gifts, but one of my favorite ideas to use sparingly are "Prank Boxes". They look like regular product boxes at a glance, but have pictures, descriptions and even testimonials of a ridiculous product that doesn't actually exist. It's a great way to lighten the mood.
- Prank Pack - Genuine Fake Gift Boxes
Sure to be the hit of the next party you're dragged into, Prank Pack fake gift boxes appear to contain ridiculous products from clueless companies. Just pack your real gift inside, sit back and revel in their half-hearted enthusiasm.
© 2013 Kathryn