Guitar Christmas Presents and Accessories
The Christmas List
Christmas Guitar Presents
There are so many Christmas presents you can buy a musician and most of them are useful items that they need. Accessories are numerous to find, if you stop to think about them, or you could ask the guitar teacher or another musician. I hope these suggestions are helpful if you are looking for guitar items. I can not think of one guitar player I know that would not like one of these presents. Don't forget the Dog video at the bottom.
Students that already have a guitar will need a good guitar case. Parents this is the most important thing to buy after the guitar, forget buying anything else, this is first.Gig bags are really useless, and guitars still get dented and sometimes broke. I have seen many broken and busted guitars. Kids can be very ruff.. A hard case is the best. and even a chip board case is better than a bag. If you spend a lot of money it is just asking for trouble without a hard case.
3. Picks are needed to play pick style. Picks will usually come in packages of 6 or 12 and will have one or two of each size. Picks come in heavy medium and light gauge. There are Martin, Gibson, Fender, Fat Boys and many many more brands. This is a useful gift for kids as they spend a lot of time losing and looking for the picks. It is good to teach children to use the compartment in the middle of the case and to only take one out at a time. Good Luck.
4.Tuners are a real necessary tool for the new student. Most kids take time to learn to tune the guitar and I feel the clip on tuner is the best. To go home and practice a guitar out of tune teaches nothing.
5. Guitar Stand is not a necessary item but more of a convenience. If you do buy one make sure it is the sturdiest one you can find. They are a very big help if I need to change guitars.
Music Stand And Guitar Accessories
6.Music Stand is a useful convenience for practicing your music I once read that kids and adults with music stands practice 30% more than other people. I suppose that is because you are more comfortable.
7. Guitar Straps are a great gift especially for kids. Little kids can drop a guitar. I have had adults that can't hold a guitar. You can get these in leather, or nylon, and they will adjust to your size.
8. Guitar strings all guitar players need. If you don't know what gauge to buy just get light. Strings come in light, medium, and heavy gauge. Most beginners use light gauge. Most music stores will let the strings be exchanged if they are the wrong gauge. There are Martin, Fender,D R, Gibson, and many other brands.
9. Fast Fret ls a little wood stick and the tip has a soft material that contains a white mineral oil. All is needed to do is rub the stick over the strings and fretboard. This cleans the strings, helps you to play faster. This also helps to maintain the fingerboard. A great product.
Guitar Christmas Gifts
Guitar Christmas Gifts
10. Music Books full of songs are really appreciated by adults and children to learn something new.I like to get guitar solo books for the kids. You can get the music to just about any kids movie that the young guitar players like to learn. You can buy songs in tab or notation. Books come in pick style or finger style.
11. Sheet Music is one song and only the song you want. The book of songs is much less money.Books are your best way to go, but occasionally you may want only one song.
12. Polish is a necessary item to maintain the wood on the guitar. After cleaning your guitar it should be polished using a clean polishing cloth
13. Hygrometer is useful to every musician. They need this equipment to maintain proper humidity.
14. String Winder is used for changing strings.
15. Manuscript Book is useful to every musician. They may want to write their own music. Manuscript books today come with both the staff for notation but also the lines for tab. Most will have chord charts.
In this video are three simple chord songs, Silent Night in the Key of C.three chords C, F, G7. "What Child Is This", Is the Key of A Minor. The chords are Ami, Emi. If you can't play these there are hundreds of guitar Christmas music books. Trixie is the star of the video.
Other Presents For Guitar Players
In the Taylor Catalog you can find Taylor hats,sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve, and beanies, bar stools, Taylor head-stock tuners, mugs,glasses. If you need a current catalog go to any music store that sells Taylor guitars.
If you are trying to buy for a Martin guitar fan get a catalog and you will find everything from straps, hats and shirts.
Another great present that a guitar player would like is a book of, "Complete Guitar Repair". The best one I found is by Hideo Kamimoto.
The Martin guitar above is one of those 5 star sound guitars. This is a vintage guitar which means the guitar sound should be open up. Most of the D-1 Martins I have played have great play-ability and the action is low. The guitar has great sustain.
This is a 1993, and I believe worth the money. The guitar adds value because it was from a USA company. I would buy an older guitar every time if I could, unless your young enough to wait for the guitar to open up the sound.
- Watch & Learn: Instructional Music Books & DVDs
Excellent books designed by guitarist for guitar players. Watch&Learn has a wealth of information for guitar players.
- Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store
Musician's Friend is the world's largest seller of music gear! Get the lowest prices & check in daily for extra special savings!
Sweetwater is the world's leading music technology and instrument retailer, offering highly knowledgeable Sales Engineers, in-house Technical Support and Service Departments, huge selection, amazing prices, and free shipping.