Halloween Neighborhood Ghost Game
10 RULES FOR HALLOWEEN SENIORS
Ten Rules For Halloween Seniors
You know you are too old to Trick or Treat when:
10. You keep knocking on your own front door.
9. You remove your false teeth to change your appearance.
8. You ask for soft high fiber candy only.
7. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, and you lose your balance and fall over.
6. People say: 'Great Boris Karloff Mask,' and you're not wearing a mask.
5. When the door opens you yell, 'Trick or...' And you can't remember the rest.
4. By the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.
3. You have to carefully choose a costume that doesn't dislodge your hairpiece.
2. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.
And the number one reason Seniors should not go Trick Or Treating...
1. You keep having to go home to pee. No matter, have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN anyway.
Game: You’ve Just Been Haunted
Okay. It's October. This game turned up in the Spring. Maybe it was spring cleaning spirit that motivated me, or just that the shelves fell down and I had to remove everything in order to make the repair. So, I was cleaning out a closet and found this old folded note from my good friend Carilou. This hubpage is a tribute to her friendship since she moved away.
Her favorite holiday in the whole world is Halloween. She goes all out decorating her house with spooky eery sounds coming out of the windows. She wears tons of witch makeup and wears a costume that would scare the pants off any little kid. My daughter was afraid to visit her after that incident! CariLou would sit out on her front step with candles flickering, pumpkins carved all around and invite you inside for some hot cider and goodies.
Each year she would be thinking up some new project to sew. I guess one year she wanted to get the whole neighborhood involved and devised this game. It is supposed to be started days before Halloween.
Ok. I know it's not time yet, but just to get you thinking early of ideas, considering the stores put out bathing suits in the middle of winter. Here's to CariLou.
Hilarious JOEY on Pyramid
My Friend All Dressed Up
Here's the Original Letter
How To Crafts
- Free Kids Crafts - Sock Ghost
Free kids craft ideas including free printables, holiday crafts, coloring pages and more!
- Halloween Crafts: Easy To Make Tissue Paper Ghost For Kids - Kaboose.com
How To Play - The Rules
This is the letter I found
The Neighborhood Ghost Game
"Please read all of this note, it’s very important. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to play the game. What game? You’ve just been haunted! I’ve just heard about it and it sounds like lots of fun. Here’s how to play:
- You copy this note twice. You can copy and paste this, then just print out.
- Give a treat, a ghost, and the letter to two different families in the neighborhood with instructions to hang the ghost outside the house in a visible location.
- The families you gave the treats to will hang the ghost by their front door.
You have to do that after you get this message and the ghost
must be visible so that people know they’ve been haunted. The family will give
this letter, a ghost, and a treat to another family. This continues until
everyone in the neighborhood has a ghost by their door, which is the object of
- Please hang the ghost by your door or in a visible spot
outside your house so you don’t get haunted twice.
- You have to put the treat
outside the front door, ring the doorbell, and hide before the door opens.
you’re caught in the act the surprise is ruined.
- After you hear the door close,
wait a few minutes and then you can go.
The object of the game is for everyone in the neighborhood
to have a ghost outside their door by Halloween. I hope you wish to play.
Enjoy the treat and happy haunting.