- Holidays and Celebrations
Halloween Non-Alcoholic Drink Ideas
Halloween can be fun for all ages. What would Halloween be without the delicious treats? Halloween is a great time to let the creativity flow in the kitchen. Creating Halloween themed drinks can be quite simple to prepare to require time for preparation. Regardless, any of these suggestions would be a hit with your guests, both adults and children.
Goblin Goo is a hit not only among the kids but with adults as well. It takes some preparation, but it is well worth the fun. You can use tall glasses or clear plastic cups. The clear plastic cups are great for party settings, especially with children.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (6 oz.) grape or orange flavor gelatin
- 4 cups cold water
- 2qt. (8 cups) cold prepared grape or orange flavored kool-aid
- In a large bowl, add the boiling water to the gelatin powder and stir for 2 – 3 minutes or until fully dissolved.
- Next, pour in the cold water and stir.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours or until the jello is solid and firm.
- Take a fork or spoon and break apart the jello. You can use a crisscross motion or simply stir.
- Spoon jello into tall glasses, but only fill halfway.
- The pour the kool-aid in the glass.
Serve with Halloween straws.
Variations could include substituting cold seltzer water in place of regular water for the kool-aid preparation.
Also consider layering the drink mixture. To do so, simply layer the jello flavors and use a lighter colored kool-aid such as orange.
Green Goblin Punch
Green goblin punch is similar to the goblin goo concept. This one takes a little more effort and design but is just as tasty.
- 6 cups apple juice
- 6 cups seltzer
- 2 pkgs. (4 cups) flavored gelatin, green
- corn syrup
- colored sugar crystals, black
- Prepared the flavored gelatin according to package.
- Once the gelatin is firm, break up with a fork or spoon.
- Mix together the apple juice and seltzer in a gallon pitcher.
- Pour enough corn syrup to cover the surface of a plate, saucer, or bowl.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup. You can carefully use paper towel or paintbrush to wipe off any excess corn syrup that drips down the glass.
- Dip the corn syrup coated rim into the black sugar crystals. You can use a plate or bowl to pour the sugar crystal on that will make for easy dipping.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill and a set until ready to prepare and serve.
- Spoon the green flavored gelatin into the glass.
- Pour apple juice seltzer water mix over the gelatin.
This is a recipe that doesn't take long to prepare the actual drink and cannot sit for too long before serving. For the best taste serve and drink immediately after making it.
Fizzy Pumpkin Drinks
Homes.com has a delightfully delicious drink recipe for Halloween. Fizzy pumpkin drinks are simple to make and are sure to become a favorite this Halloween. The ingredients are quite simple. You just use lemon-lime carbonated drink with orange juice, pineapple juice, and orange sherbet.
Shirley Smith of Homes.com walks you through, step by step on how to prepare fizzy pumpkin drinks for a Halloween party or get-together. She includes not only written instructions but visual instructions as well. If you would like to know how to make these festive drinks for your next party or get-together, check out her webpage.
Candy Corn Drink
This is a fun and tasty drink for the entire duration of the fall season, not just for Halloween.
- 2 pkgs. (4 cups) flavored gelatin, lemon flavored
- 4 cups mango nectar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 7 cups orange carbonated drink
- 2 cups whipping cream or whipped topping can
- 4 tablespoons honey
- candy corn
- Using a large bowl, mix the flavored gelatin package with the boiling water until completely dissolved.
- Next, add the mango nectar.
- Pour the mixture into a gallon pitcher or individual glasses.
- Cover the pitcher or glasses and put it in the refrigerator of approximately 2 hours. You want the gelatin to firm a little but you do not want it to be fully set like regular flavored gelatin.
- Using a spoon, slowly pour the orange carbonated drink over the spoon into the pitcher or glass.
- Using another large bowl, mix together the honey and the whipping cream with an electric mixture. Spoon into the glass or pitcher. If you would prefer you can omit the honey and use a whipped topping can to top the drink with.
- You can add a few pieces of candy corn to the top if you like, but this is optional.
You can then serve with a straw or a spoon to allow for mixing the layers together.
Nothing more classic for Halloween than the boo shake. There are a variety of ways to prepare a boo shake. First, start by using your favorite milkshake recipe. This could be plain vanilla, vanilla chocolate chip, or any other shake recipe that is white or cream in color.
You can create ghostly faces on the glasses by using a few techniques. The simple way to create faces is to use clear plastic cups. You can then use a sharpie to create faces on the outside of the cup. Some people attack stickers or construction paper cutouts.
One of the tastiest ways to add ghostly faces, is to use a paintbrush and chocolate. Melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and dip your paintbrush in the melted chocolate. Paint faces on the inside of the cup or glass. Then place it in the refrigerator for a few hours so the chocolate will harden. Then pour your favorite milkshake flavor in the glass and top with whipped topping and a straw.
- Boo-Nilla Shake Recipe from Martha Stewart Kids
These spirits may look frightening, but they're actually quite sweet. Make the Faces with melted chocolate painted inside the glass. A ghostly white vanilla milk shake is topped with piped whipped cream. And although you wouldn't want these spooks to
- Vanilla Milkshake Recipe by Paula Deen
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Vanilla Milkshake recipe from Paula Deen.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake byTwo Peas & Their Pod
Vanilla ice cream is blended with chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chips, and milk to create a decadent chocolate chip cookie milkshake.
- Milkshake Recipes from Yummly
Find dozens of quick and easy milkshake recipes.
If you are looking for a simple, no-hassle, drink to serve at your next Halloween party, consider serving bat juice.
- 1 2-liter lemon-lime carbonated drink
- black licorice sticks
- Place 10 black licorice sticks in side the 2-liter. Many people enjoy using black Twizzlers, but any brand will do fine.
- Place the 2-liter in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, pour over ice in a glass.
- Serve with two licorice sticks. If you use Twizzlers, the Twizzlers will dual as straws as well.
Halloween Drink Labels
Do you not have time to prepare these recipes? Or perhaps the kitchen just isn't your thing? Consider dressing up drink bottles and containers with labels and Halloween themes. You can use your favorite 2-liter drink to 20-ounce bottles. If you are planning a large event, consider printing or ordering Halloween themed labels for water bottles.
Where to Find Halloween Labels
© 2014 L Sarhan