Halloween Party Ideas for Teenagers
Organizing a Halloween Party
While the kids enjoy a simple trick or treat, the teenagers want a different kind of party. How do we set up a Halloween party for teenagers? This can be tricky actually, as the generations may have changed over time. The best Halloween party before when you were about the same age may not be as exciting as you expected. So, you have to learn those changes to be able to come up with the best party ever for your teens.
There are different and a lot of considerations to be thought about when organizing a teen’s Halloween party. There you have to think about the best venue, setting up the place, sending out invitations and preparing the foods. All of these must be done ahead of time, well except preparing for foods, but you sure have to make it to the point that the recipes you will be cooking will be perfect on the exact party time. Now, if you’re looking for ideas and tips in setting up a party for your teenagers, I may be able to help you. Here are some Halloween party ideas for teenagers that you can consider.
The Party Venue
Let us begin with the venue. There are four options for your venue.
- Haunter House - You can find an old house or a vacant room and make it look hunted. If your house is big enough you can organize a Halloween Ball but if you have a small room a masquerade party will do.
- Open Garden. Another option is an open garden. I think it would be creepier if it will be held at a garden specially if there’s a lot of bushes and trees. You can create games such as ghost hunting or make a war zone. Your guess can wear Halloween costumes or ghillie suits. Inform your guess to bring water guns with paint for the game. Just make sure that the venue is safe.
- Indoor Pool. What if the party will be held beside the pool? If I were to make a Halloween Party beside the pool I will throw coloring food in the water. Then I’ll throw some slimy stuff and scary toys. The guess can bring their spooky swimwear. Now the pool is your third option.
- Beach Party. Lastly a Halloween Party at the beach. It is going to look like a gathering of the dark creatures. You can make a bonfire and everyone can sit around it. It will be nice if you have a big pot and cook a soup on it. But if you don’t have a big pot, you can grill pork or any food on the bonfire. While the food is being served you can tell the scariest story and bring out the goose bumps in your friends.
Halloween Party Themes
For the theme of the party we can incorporate today’s trend for teenagers. Here are theme examples.
Theme #1 - Cosplay
Teenagers are becoming more creative in imitating their favorite cartoon character. They imitate characters from Anime, Marvel, Manga, Video Games and etc. They attend cosplay convention to compete or just to have fun. Not everyone had the time to go to cosplay conventions so you can create your own Cosplay Halloween Party. You can give cosplay a twist. Instead of wearing their favorite character they will wear the villains or the dark characters.
Theme #2 Fashion
Who does not want to look cool and experiment with clothes? So why don’t we make an Avant Garde Halloween Costume. They can come in their own designed clothes. It is still scary but at the same time fashionable.
Theme #3 Halloween Prosthetics
If you do not want to have a masquerade party you can have a Halloween Prosthetics Party. Your guest can wear shredded t-shirt and jeans but they have to wear a tricky make up. They can put a fake scar or blood on their face and then put a style on their hair. During the party you can play the music of Michael Jackson, “Thriller” and have fun dancing.
Theme # 4 Movies
Everyone has their own favorite scary movie. Your guest can impersonate their favorite movie character. If you want to make sure that everyone has an individual character, you can make a registration form and they can write their name and character on it. Or if you are sending individual invitations you can inform them that it is for RSVP so you would know if they can come and what costume they will wear.
Theme # 5 Myth and Folklore Stories
Open the tombs of the classic stories of Dracula, Witches and other tales that has been past on from generation to generation. You can find some ideas on movies featuring these characters and fictional entities.
Halloween Party Foods
- For food preparations we must make it look horrifying but at the same time palatable. We can start with finger foods.
- We can play while baking cookies and pastries. Since cookies are flat we can draw a face or a house using a whip cream. For pastries we can shape them into a head, a pumpkin or an animal. You can also make bread sticks with chocolate or strawberry dip.
- For other finger foods such as crackers, chips or vegetable salad can be placed in a plate. Using the salad dressing or mayonnaise we can create a spider web design on top of the finger foods. Add a toy spider beside it.
- For appetizers we can begin with spaghetti. Instead of using tomato sauce. let’s make green spaghetti.
- Make a worm from your hotdogs by slicing it lengthwise and curl it in the plate. We can fry bacon and roll it. Then put it on a stick.
- For our drinks we can make our juice and punches glow in the dark by adding tonic water. Isn’t it fun to serve creative foods on the table for party?
How to Make Gory Spaghetti Sauce?
- To make a green sauce we need to roast 2-3 poblano peppers with olive oil until the skin is a black. After that we need to peel the skin and remove the seeds of the poblano pepper.
- Use the blender to mix poblano pepper, 1 cup of sour cream, Salt and ½ cup milk. Pour the sauce into your pasta and add mozzarella cheese.
Party Invitation Ideas
How do we invite everyone? We can create an invitation and post it in social media websites like face book, twitter, Google plus, tumblr and etc. However if you want to make a personalized invitation here are some ideas.
1. Use your colors or pastels and design a card to make an invitation.
2. Print out an invitation in a recycled paper. Then burn the sides of the paper on fire using a candle. Scroll it in and put a ribbon on it.
3. Buy a Halloween invitation card in the store and add a scary tattoo sticker that they can wear during the party.
4. For those who wanted to splurge and make it special. Buy a small box. Buy a chip and record a scary laugh or growl. Tape it inside the box and include the battery. It is similar to Music Cards available in store except that you’re doing it in a box. Buy a small plastic ball. Using a marker, draw a face of the pumpkin in front of the ball. Write the time, date and place of the party at the back of the ball.
5. Send a group text message. It is the simplest form of invitation.
Halloween Party Decorations
- To make your Halloween party look hunted you can use nets to make it look like a spider web.
- You can add a fake skull hanging on the ceiling.
- Jack o Lantern can lit up the place.
- Make a cemetery by adding several flat boxes and a cross with Rip sign on the side of the venue.
- Fake rattling can be scattered to make it look real.
- Make it spooky by playing scary sounds like shout, laugh, or growl. It will also be nice to produce a fog smoke to make it creepier.
Preparation for a Halloween may be tough but it’s thought of having fun with your fears. Halloween is celebrated once in a year and it is the children break from school. It is the best time to go crazy but at the same time bond with them.
- Tips for an Easy Halloween Party: Classroom Hallowee...
Halloween party games for kids! Fun games to play at your kid's classroom Halloween party.
- Halloween Makeup Ideas
Get some of the best and gory Halloween makeup ideas that will surely give the kick to your halloween costumes. Together with some halloween makeup tutorial, get the scariest makeup for halloween here!
- Halloween Party Ideas for Teens - Tips for Halloween Parties - Seventeen
Celebrity party planner Mark Addison shows you how to wow your guests -- and totally creep them out at the same time!