- Holidays and Celebrations»
Halloween Snake for dinner...???
surprise the children
Well actually I saw this prepared on a Food Network show and I adopted it to my taste and available ingredients...Was taking care of my favorite nine year old tonight and he loved it, so wanted to share with everyone.....
1. a pie crust rolled thinly and as much as you can into a square
2. put some spaghetti sauce in the middle the whole length, or some white sauce, some olive oil and a bit of seasoning, any kind you like.
3. just in the center the length of the dough place, ham, salami, mushrooms,onions, chicken, turkey, hamburger...really just 2-3 things and whatever you want.
4. then roll each side over to meet the other side, squeeze and make the tail into a point. Leave the other end square but sealed.
5. shape into a wiggle, "s" like and place on a cookie sheet, cake dish (square one) or what ever you have.
6. I used food color pencils to make the lines, but on the program they used food color mixed into an egg beaten up.
7. put whole cloves in for his nostrils, and brush him with milk or left over egg so he will be nice and golden.
8. almost forgot the cheese, put some on top of the filling before you close it...
Bake at 350 degree's till you think he is done. I baked mine for about 40 minutes and it was a bit small.
When you carefully remove him from the greased pan, you place slivers of bell peppers for his tongue and sliced olives for his eyes...
but be careful he may hisssss at you....Have fun and enjoy...I love to play with my food...:O) Hugs G-Ma