- Holidays and Celebrations»
Happy Halloween Hamburgers
What Did You Think?
Fun For Everyone
A fun idea for a party or just for family fun!
It's not always easy to find fun food ideas that will compliment the theme of your party. This is a simple easy idea that is sure to impress all your friends and inspire their spooky Halloween spirits!
This also a tasty Halloween treat for the kids! It's not always easy to get kids to eat at meal times, but if you make it fun or add a theme to your dish the kids are sure to love it!
So whether you are throwing a grand backyard gathering or just looking to add some sassy fun to your children's meal time this is a quick easy idea for all!
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 6 slices American Cheese, (Or Cheddar according to your tastes)
- First you will need to get one large mixing bowl. Once you have your bowl all you'll need to so is start adding ingredients. Add your 1lb package of ground beef to the bowl, then add 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs, 1 egg and mix thoroughly. (The egg and bread crumbs add extra flavor and the egg allows also allows the burgers to stick together better and makes them more juicy)
- Once you've finished mixing the ingredients, begin molding the mixture into 6 round, flat patties and place on a plate.
- Once you have shaped your patties put them aside. You'll need one large cutting board, once you have your cutting board cover it with a piece of wax paper to prevent the cheese we are going to place on it from sticking. Place 6 separate slices of American cheese spread out across the wax paper covered cutting board
- Now we are ready to start cutting out our favorite jack-o'-lantern"s faces! You can choose to free hand your fun spooky jack-o'-lantern faces or you can use a pattern to help you cut out the faces. (Sometimes doing cutting out the faces in the cheese can be hard, so I've included some patterns) All you need is a simple kitchen knife and you can begin cutting out your faces.
- Once you are done cutting out the jack-o'-lantern faces on each slice of cheese, cover the cheese with another piece of wax paper to prevent and bugs that might be lurking around from getting to it and place to the side until ready to use.
- Take your hamburger patties and place on grill for up to 15 minutes depending on how you prefer your burgers cook. Once meet is at desired temperature simple place jack-o'-lantern cheese onto the burger. NOTE: Do not leave on the grill to long. If you over melt the cheese you will ruin your spooky jack-o'-lantern faces!
What's Your Favorite Cheese?
What's your favorite kind of cheese on a burger?
Great Side Dish Addition!
A great accompanying side to this dish to this meal would be sweet potato fries! Not only are they delicious but they also really add to the Halloween color pallet!!