- Holidays and Celebrations»
Have a Children Halloween Party
Have a children Halloween Party with Decorations
Do you plan to have a children's Halloween party to keep your children off the street? Well, buy at least one or two large pumpkins and carve them with scary faces and get some good candles to keep them lit throughout the night. Below area few possible face designs.
Also, there are many things you can use to decorate your home to give it that haunted atmosphere. While there are several decorations you can reasonably purchase, you can also use items you have around the house. For instance, you can use white sheets and be a little creative to make some ghosts.
Orange's Witches Brew Punch
Orange's Witch'e Brew Punch- Icy Hand
Of course, they have to have something to drink and an icy punch with a frozen hand is just a little scary.
To make the Icy Hand:
Take 2 (always good to have an extra hand) latex gloves, put them on and wash your hands with dish soap. Rinse well and turn the glove inside out so the just washed side is on the inside. Next, fill the gloves with water, tie the end and freeze. Once frozen remove the glove and you are good to go.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (46 ounces) apricot nectar
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water. Stir in the apricot nectar, pineapple juice and l
- Lemon juice. Freeze in two 2-quart freezer containers. Remove from the freezer 2-3 hours before serving.
- Place contents of one container in a punch bowl; mash with potato masher. Stir in ginger ale just before serving. Repeat.
Good Time Pumpkin
Easy Halloween Cupcakes
If you need tasty little goodies at the last minute for your children’s Halloween get-together or to bring to school for a Halloween party, here’s a recipe that will work well and will get you or the kid’s to the party on time.
- 1 package cupcake or cake mix
- 1 container Ready-made Vanilla Frosting
- Orange food coloring
- 1 tube black or dark brown cake decorating gel
Make cupcakes according to instructions on package. Mix vanilla frosting with orange food coloring and frost cupcakes. Decorate cupcakes with decorating gel to make spiders, webs, etc.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Easy Halloween Cupcakes
Pumpkin Cupcakes with C"ream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1.2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 canned pure pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 cup muffin pan or a 24 miniature pan baking cups.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together oil and sugar together. Whisk in eggs, and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and sit until its just combined.
- Stir pumpkin into mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick stuck in center until it comes out clean, then completely cool on a wire rack. Less time will be needed if you are making the mini-cupcakes.
- Let them sit for about 10 minutes, then remove them from pan to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- 3 cups powered sugar
- 8 oz. package of creamed cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened.
- 1 tsp, fresh lemon juice
- Yellow and red food coloring
In a medium bowl, beat together frosting ingredients, except food coloring.
Add about 12 drops of yellow food coloring and 4 drops of red coloring and beat until the frosting turns orange.
You can top each cupcake with a piece of Halloween corn candy.
Activities and Games
If you have younger children at the party you will have to organize some special games and activities to give them a little structure or they will be running around the house in multiple directions. Amazon has numerous very reasonably priced games and there are several old games that you won't need much in preparation.
Bobbing for apples is still popular but costumes may get wet, as well as, costume makeup. You can also have them bit apples attached to strings.
Play the Monster Mash song and have them dance silently, then when you stop the music they have to immediately freeze in place.
If you have a nice evening you can set up any variety of relay races.
Try a skeleton scavenger hunt by using skeleton parts make from heavy paper or plastic pieces from a toy store. You can see if anyone finds enough pieces to assemble a full skeleton. Use candy for the winners of various games.
Older children like music and dancing and will have a good time without so much structure.
Adults at the party can wear costumes also just to add a little more fun to the festive activities. If you are acting like you are having a good time, then often younger children follow the lead of the adult in charge. The children will have precious memories from the party and you may be a little tired after the party, but you are creating memories with pictures and maybe a nice video to watch in future years as well. Have a children Halloween party this year!
© 2010 Pamela Oglesby