How to Get a Little Revenge This Mother's Day--Gifts for Your Mother-In-Law
Does your Mother In Law drive you crazy? Is she always putting you down? Does she constantly remind you of your husband’s wonderful ex-girlfriend? Does she make snide comments about your cooking, your housecleaning, your clothes, your hair….aarrgghhhhh!
This year use Mother’s Day as a revenge tool. Here are some perfect gifts for your imperfect Mother In Law.
This item was a favorite of Snow White's stepmother. If your Mother-In-Law is making you feel like a stepchild, this may be the gift to give her. Among her exclamations of happiness, you can intersperse comments such as:
- We know how hard it gets to see clearly as one gets older.
- We thought it would help you see better when you are putting on all that makeup.
- We know how much you adore to look at yourself.
Does your Mother-In-Law make snide comments about the state of your home? Does she always remind you that when she had children, they knew how to pick up after themselves? Here is your chance to give back that happy feeling.
You can say things like:
- I know you are so busy with your social life, you will love this! It will clean your house when you don't have the time.
- You can finally get rid of all those dust bunnies under the furniture!
- Now you can clean while you sit on the sofa!
She may be thin, but she surely is a fat head! Either she is fishing for compliments, asking, "does this make me look fat?", or, she is putting you down saying, "You had better watch what you eat, (your spouse's name here) doesn't like fat women/men."
You won't need any comments with this one! Just smile and enjoy the thought of her putting on that 10 pounds. :D
Can Miracles Happen?
The jar says it all. "Hope in a jar...philosophy: Where there is hope there can be faith, where there is faith miracles can occur." Just smile sweetly and tell her, "I thought of you as soon as I saw this!"