Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party Theme Ideas and Supplies
How to Plan A Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party
Everyone loves a story about an adorable monster with a heart – the runaway success of Monsters Inc. is testament to that! But move over Sully and Mike, because there’s a new monster in town, and he’s fast becoming a child-friendly favorite!
Henry Hugglemonster lives in Roarsville with his loving, but slightly chaotic family. He’s a friendly, fun-loving kind of guy, who uses his intellect and his problem-solving skills to solve everyday problems. Plus, there’s a song in every episode – who doesn’t love a good song and dance number?
With Henry Hugglemonster capturing the hearts of kids (and their parents!) all over the world, we’ve put together a selection of great ideas to help you plan an exciting and memorable Henry Hugglemonster birthday party for your little ones.
Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party Invitations and Ideas
The first step in any party-planning process is creating the invitations! We’ve come up with a multitude of great suggestions for those who have lots of time for crafts and those who’d prefer something prepackaged and ready to send. Check these ideas out:
- These cute bags from an Etsy seller not only make great birthday party favors (more on that later), they’d also be great to send little party prep packages to your guests. You could send them a party hat to wear on the day, a list of clues on the type of games to expect, and perhaps even a request to bring some monster-inspired food - as well as the standard information about where and when the party will be held.
- If you need something that requires a little less effort, these invitations will tick every box. You download the file from the seller and print them out yourself, so you can potentially have a stack of invitations ready to send within an hour or so – great if you’re planning a last-minute surprise party!
- Why not send these coloring pages out to guests? It’ll give the little ones something fun to do (which many parents will be grateful for) and you have plenty of space to write the details on the back. A great low-maintenance option!
Mom's... Dads! What do you think of the show?
Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party Decorations and Ideas
The Henry Hugglemonster theme colors are yellow, green and blue, which is pretty easy to stick to when you’re decorating! For a simple and streamlined look that you can build on, go for cups, plates, napkins and a tablecloth in these colors, and stock up on balloons in these shades.
If you want everything you lay out to be in-keeping with the Henry Hugglemonster theme, this party pack found on Etsy will be the answer to all of your prayers. Cupcake toppers, stickers, confetti and food tent cards that you can write on will add a perfect finishing touch to your décor.
A great way to add height to your interior (whether it’s your home or at a party venue) is to use bunting and balloons. String balloons up so that they hang down from the ceiling, or use helium balloons to add some dimension to your decorations. Bunting strung across the room is also great for getting people in the party spirit!
Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Cake Decorations and Ideas
If you’re thinking of baking a cake with a monster theme, the sky really is the limit! You can have hours of fun dreaming up your own designs and ideas – or you could simply go to a professional, if you’re not creatively inclined!
This adorable Henry Hugglemonster birthday cake is a perfect example of what can be achieved if you hire a professional baker or cake decorator to provide the focal point for your birthday party. With amazing marzipan characters and plenty of tiers to ensure there’s enough to go round, this type of cake would be perfect for a medium-sized party.
If you’re welcoming a smaller number of guests, a smaller cake is probably a better choice. This simple and sweet option ticks every box – it looks great, it most likely tastes delicious and it fits perfectly with the theme!
If cake-making (or baking in general) isn’t your strong suit, never fear. You can create Oreo pops in minutes without any real skill or talent – and they look fantastic! Follow this tutorial and be sure to stock up on googly eyes and plenty of frosting!
Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party Food and Drink Ideas
If all that talk of cake has your stomach growling, don’t worry – we’re onto the food and drinks section! Here are our top suggestions to get your little ones crowded around the buffet table at your party:
- Googly eyes are your friend when it comes to kitting out your buffet table! Get some inspiration from this blogger and turn your party food table into a monster-laden feast with the help of some cocktail sticks! Highlights include the Monster Haystack Cookies and the healthy Monster Apple Slices.
- Cake pops are a must for parties at the moment – who doesn’t love a single bite of cake shaped like a lollipop? Luckily, cake pops are much easier to decorate than larger cakes, or even cupcakes. Use these as your example.
- This healthy melon-monster is one of the best ideas we’ve seen for Henry Hugglemonster party food! Carve a mouth complete with sharp teeth, carve out the melon inside and cut it into chunks so kids can delve in whenever they wish. Healthy and satisfying!
- Try to stick with the color theme wherever possible. If you buy packs of candy and chocolates like M&Ms, sort through them and pick out the ones that fit within your color scheme of yellow, blue and green. The rest can be put into a separate bowl for the parents to enjoy!
- Add some interest to your drinks station with some relevant names for ordinary drinks. Summer Squash, Cobby Cola and Ivor’s Elixir will go down a real treat with the little ones.
Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party Favors and Ideas
Birthday party favors are a must nowadays – it’s always nice to send your guests home with a little gift to say thank you for coming! If you’re stuck for ideas for your Henry Hugglemonster party favors, here’s some inspiration for you.
These adorable little monster baskets are great if you want to send your guests home with a goodie bag packed with treats – plus they’re really easy to make. Grab some colored felt, some scissors and some glue, and go wild! You could even set up a crafting station at the party, where kids can decorate their own basket.
These popcorn packs are branded with the Henry Hugglemonster theme, and they contain colored bits of candy that fit perfectly with your palette! Order them by contacting the user via Pinterest.
Disney’s licensed products are always great quality, and fairly reasonable when it comes to price. If you have ten guests, why not buy two sets of and hand a figurine out to each child before they leave? these character packs
What kid doesn’t love coloring? Send your guests home with a cute new set of crayons and some Henry Hugglemonster printables – they’ll be entertained for hours after the party has died down.
Henry Hugglemonster Birthday Party Games and Activities
If you’re entertaining a few dozen kids (or even just a handful), you’ll need to think of plenty of ways to keep them happy and make sure they’re enjoying themselves. Here are some great activities and party games that you can enjoy at your Henry Hugglemonster-themed event!
- Hugglemonster Pinata – Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to create your very own Henry piñata! Fill him up with candy and other treats, blindfold one child in turn (be sure to give them plenty of room) and see if they can break him open to reveal the treasure inside.
- Pin the Tail on the Monster – In this classic twist on ‘Pin the Tail on the Donkey’, kids have to guess where the Hugglemonster’s tail is supposed to go, all while blindfolded. The one that guesses the closest is the winner!
- Monster Statues – Play some music and have the kids dance around. When the music stops, they must strike their most fearsome monster pose, as still as a statue. If they move, they must sit out of the game until there’s only one left – the winner!
- Monster Puppets – make your own monster puppets like these with a fun crafting station! You can use felt pockets or old socks for the monsters, and kids can use felt, card, pipe cleaners, googly eyes and other crafting accessories to make their very own monster.
So there we have it – all the resources and inspiration you could ever need to host your very own Henry Hugglemonster birthday party! We hope we’ve been helpful – if you have any suggestions or would like to share your own Henry Hugglemonster party ideas with us, get in touch in the comments!