- Holidays and Celebrations
Christmas and New Years Greetings
As the year comes to a close, I am thinking of all the blessings of this past year. I am grateful for the important people, including you. No one knows what this next year has in store for us, but you can expect another holiday card from me.
Use this list of holiday card messages to help you write in your holiday cards. Holiday card messages can be difficult to write, especially if you wish to be unique and creative. Your card will compete with all the other holiday cards sent by friends, family, or businesses. This is especially true if you are writing corporate or business holiday card messages. For personal cards you will want to write something meaningful, heart-warming, fun, or funny.
In the spirit of the holidays and the end of the year, you can focus on being thankful, giving good cheer, or wishing for a bright future year. Holiday card messages are the place to reflect, encourage, thank, or send warm wishes.
Christmas card messages don’t have to be difficult to write. Use these examples and the following tips to help you write your Christmas card message masterpiece.
Holiday Card Messages
These are general holiday card messages. If you are looking for more of these with a slant toward your business holiday cards, visit business holiday card messages.
1. "Wishing you an abundance of friends, happiness, and fun this holiday season."
2. "We should live every day like it is a holiday, being thankful and spending time with family, and looking hopefully to the future."
3. "Hoping you are surrounded by love and warmth this holiday season. Merry Christmas."
4. "Wishing you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."
5. "We wish you health, comfort, and prosperity this holiday season. Season's Greetings!"
6. "May your home be filled with the joy of family and friends this holiday season."
7. "Your being present is the best present you could give me this holiday season. Happy Holidays."
8. "May your home be home be filled with peace and joy this holiday season."
Funny Holiday Card Messages
- This is a special Christmas card message. I found it on the internet.
- Santa was laid off this year. Good thing we have a stimulus package under the Christmas tree.
- Energy and environmental experts predict that, at current consumption rates, Santa will run out of sustainable coal for stockings by 2020. Stop being so naughty!
- I bought you a car for Christmas this year… I meant CARD. Oops, did I say car?
- I bought this envelope for you and they threw in the Christmas card for free.
- I’m not sure what you wanted for Christmas, so I just got you this card.
- I would tell you, “Merry Christmas,” but I don’t think it will work out between you two.
- Did you know Santa has dyslexia? He spells his name S-a-t-a-n.
- Too bad we can’t show each other the same Christian love on the road and in stores the way we do at Christmas time.
- He knows when you are sleeping… He knows when you’re away… He knows when you’ve been bad or good… He knows how much you make… I’ll give you one guess. That’s right, big brother, the government.
- "It's ironic that at the same time our bellies are gaining weight during the holidays, our wallets are going on a diet and losing weight. Happy Holidays"
- "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year's Resolution failure."
- "What do you get when you take Christmas time and take away all the hassle of shopping and busyness of the traditions? A Holy Day. Happy Holidays!"
- "If you divorce Christmas using the Santa Clause, Christmas becomes X-mas. Then you can marry Holly Day!"
- "Wishing you a holiday season filled with stress, cold, and anger. Hey, at least this is realistic."
- "Sorry kids, Santa died. But the good news is now you can listen to Santana songs instead of Santa songs at Christmas time."
- "I think the holidays were created to punish those who have been naughty. I must be on the naughty list every year, cause I feel punished."
- "I got an idea, let's make a day every year where people are pressured socially to be kind, generous, happy, and patient. Oh yeah, that's already been done. Merry Christmas."
- "Santa is just another example that fat dudes are the jolliest. Have a jolly Christmas."
Funny GraphicsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Religious Christmas Card Messages
- "Merry Christmas, praise God Jesus has been born."
- "Great things come in small packages. God’s gift to us in the form of baby Jesus was the greatest gift in the history of the world."
- "It’s just another day we should thank God for sending Jesus to teach us how to love each other and give us hope of salvation."
- "We hope you feel the love of Jesus Christ this holiday season who is the true reason for celebration."
- "Christ’s birth has changed everything. Be joyous as you celebrate this holiday season."
- "The reason we can give is because Jesus has given to us. The reason we can love is because Jesus has loved. The reason we can celebrate is because Jesus gave us a reason to celebrate."
- "The best way to celebrate Jesus is to think of what the world would be like without Him and rejoice that He was born."
- "Christmas is Independence Day for sinners."
- "Praise God there is hope for the gentiles. Christ is born."
- "This is the most important birthday celebrated each year."
- "The best gift ever given was the original Christmas gift. God’s gift that keeps on giving."
- "Share the love of Jesus this Christmas season."
- "Your love for others reminds me of the love that Christ has."
- "May God bless you and your family this Christmas season."
- "Jesus is the gift of Christmas."
- "Merry Christmas"
- "Every day we have the gift of Christ's love. Merry Christmas."
- "May the love of Christ provide you and your household with peace this Christmas."
- Christian Christmas Messages and Verses
Christmas is a great opportunity to share a Christian message with others. These examples of Christmas wishes can add meaning to a Christmas card. Find one that works for your card.
Tips for Holiday Messages
- Match your receiver. Don't write something funny if you can't the the person understanding the joke.
- Use the word "Christmas" for your friends and family and possibly your own business holiday cards if you celebrate Christ's birth. If you work for a company that won't allow the word "Christmas," then quit. Just kidding. Use the word "holiday" instead. Unfortunately Christmas has become four letter word, literally. Now people use X-mas, which I think is for the birth of the X-men or something. I love that movie.
- Get your cards sent at least two weeks early. If you are late, you can just change the date to the next year and be the earliest Christmas card sender for next year.
What to Write in a Christmas Card
Christmas is a time to think about what you’ve been grateful for as well as think about others. Coming just after Thanksgiving, Christmas is a perfect time to think about the thing that you should be most thankful for, Jesus Christ.
Christmas cards are sent out annually with the intention of sending a special holiday message to family, friends, co workers, employees or clients. Reasons for sending a card vary, but they always tell someone that you are thinking of them. Christmas cards can be especially fun because you can send a gift and update those you have not been in contact with lately about your life. You may add a photo of your family that has been updated. Maybe you have additions to the family this year. Maybe you have children who have been married or had a baby. Maybe jobs have changed. These are all appropriate celebration type updates to include in your Christmas card.