- Holidays and Celebrations
Holiday Celebration of Lights at Peddlers Village in Lahaska Pa
What is Peddler's Village?
Peddler’s Village, located in historic Bucks County, in Pennsylvania, is 42 acres of shops, merchants, and restaurants, and also has a hotel and a family entertainment center, complete with a beautiful carousel. There are crafts, festivals and various holiday events.
The Grand Illumination
For the Christmas holiday season, there is a celebration where the village lights are illuminated. This event is called the Grand Illumination.
Stroll through the village and enjoy the beautifully decorated walkways, trees, buildings.
Merchants also join in the fun by decorating their businesses, and offering special holiday sales.
Gingerbread Competition and Display
There is also a Gingerbread Competition and Display in the Gazebo. Lines are usually out the door to see the creative gingerbread houses, which are a delight to see.
Gingerbread categories include Traditional, Authentic Reproduction of a Significant Building, Student (ages 13-18), and Student (age 12 and under).
Finally, the holiday wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Peddler’s Village Christmas festival. There is a parade to kickoff the Christmas festival, including the arrival of Santa Claus. The Village is beautifully decorated with fruit wreaths, and Victorian-themed greenery and decorations.
Each year, special events and seasonal festivals draw over a million visitors to Peddler’s Village.
There are decorated trees:
…and beautifully decorated buildings:
Take a stroll through the lighted walkway, while the lights change colors…
Enjoy hot cider and toasted marshmallows, as you walk through a winter wonderland of lights.
In the center of the village, there is a beautifully decorated gazebo, which you can see on the right of this picture:
There are decorated animal figures in lights, and Christmas trees higher than the buildings to see.
Peddler’s Village Shops
The shops are also decorated so when you visit, be sure to stop and see the wonderful shops. Here is a listed of just some of the shops you will find at Peddler’s Village:
- Apricot Lane Boutique – handbags, jewelry, accessories and gifts
- Capital Teas – loose leaf teas, teaware and accessories
- Chico’s - women’s clothing
- Color Me Mine – ceramic painting classes, parties, fundraisers and summer art camp
- Grandpa Hicks Cheese and Gourmet – gourmet foods, imported cheeses, specialty items
- Lighthouse Galleries – works by famous artists including Thomas Kincade and many more
- Nut Kettle – Popcorn confection
- Paper Chase – customized invitations, announcements and stationery
- Pigadilly’s – ice cream shop and lunch items
- Pine Wreath and Candle – Christmas ornaments, candles, linens, nativities
- Town Crier Bakery – baked goods including cakes, cookies, pies and breads
Peddler’s Village Restaurants and Events
There’s an array of restaurants at Peddler’s Village, including American cuisine, casual dining, classic atmospheres, and a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater.
There are also events that take place including banquets and weddings.
Peddler’s Village is a shopper’s paradise and a beautiful place to take a stroll, especially around the holidays, when you can enjoy the beautiful Christmas lights!
Note: This is Hub 1 of 30 of my 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge!
Peddler's Village Christmas -The Grand Illumination
A Visit to Peddler's Village
Have you ever been to Peddler's Village
© 2014 Amelia Griggs