Horror at Christmas!
It IS a parents horror. A never endng nightmare that replays and rewinds eternally in the mind, everyday, every month, every year.
Madonna Badger and her three young daughters lived in a beautiful $1.7 million dollar Victorian house in Stamford, Connecticut in 2011. Like all families around Christmas time that year, they made cookies, sang songs, sat near a roaring fireplace and eagerly awaited the 25th. Madonna's parents were visiting and stay in the spare room.
But, the warm fuzzy feeling of the holiday turned into Satan's inferno sometime early that morning on Christmas day. We are talking very early, when it was dark. Madonna had awoke and quickly ascertained the fire quickly chewing up the old wood. There was confusion and heavy smoke. Screams of help. Madonna was able to get out onto the porch and saw sparks and heard popping noise coming from the electrical circuits. Madonna tried to save her parents to no avail. The smoke and heat prevented this. The fire department arrived but only could contain the blaze and they, too, could not save anyone. However, fire investigators have said the blaze was started after someone discarded a bag of fireplace ashes in a mudroom near the trash. According to Madonna, these were not dangerous.
A year has passed since evil consumed her three daughters and both parents. Can you even imagine coping with this kind of loss?
The city quickly condemned the home and before there was an investigation, demolished the home! Destroying any possibility of finding out the cause, which she suspects was electrical because the home was being renovated.
She is now suing the city for $3 million dollars for demolishing the home the day after, the 26th, before any investigation could be made and for the city for not making frequent inspections during renovation. The city could be liable.