- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Themed Parties
Hot Mulled Cider
As soon as there is the slightest hint of a chill in the night air I start to think that the seasons may be changing. At our house it is always time for something warm to drink and a huge mug of something always seems to be in our hands to keep us warm
When company comes I enjoy having that waft of warm spice coming from the front door beconing them in. So I decided it would be nice to have a recipe that I could warm on the stove from October until I could see the crocus coming up in the front yard. I dreamed up this one from what I usually keep in the house so that there could be a huge pot on the stove in a hurry if I thought company was coming. Cooking it on a low flame all day makes it taste it's very best! I hope you will enjoy it for as many years as we have.
Mulled Cider Recipe
- One Gallon of Apple Juice (I get the least expensive one)
- One Heaping Serving Spoon of Orange Juice Frozen Concentrate
- One Heaping Serving Spoon of Cran Raspberry Frozen Concentrate
- 6-8 Large Cinnamon Sticks (I buy Tones in the Economy Container)
- One Dozen Whole Cloves
- Four Cups Water
- Two whole oranges sliced
Simmer on a low heat for 4-6 hours. Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Be absolutely certain to TAKE OUT THE CLOVES, CINNAMONSTICKS AND ORANGES before you store this.