DIY Craft: Simple Handmade Christmas Card
DAY 19, HUB #19
Season greetings everyone! I believe that everybody has their own ideal ways to send Christmas greetings to their family members, relatives and friends.
No doubt that in this modern technology, majority of people prefers to send Christmas greetings through email, greeting cards websites and send SMS by handset. Thus, the recipient receives the Christmas greetings instantly, much to everyone’s convenience, promptly and saves time.
What is your opinion of this handmade Christmas Card?
Why I chose to send handmade Christmas Cards?
This time, I chose to send my handmade Christmas card rather than store bought cards.
- To send Christmas cards by mail is the most traditional method, shows appreciation and valuable friendship.
- A handmade Christmas card is a magical card to me. It brings out thousand of words, signify warmth, love to the people we cared and cherish.
- In the past, I used to send store bought cards to my relatives and friends but I never receive a phone call or a thank you from them.
- However, when I started sending handmade cards, they were pleased to receive something different from others and sent “ a thank you” SMS to me.
What you need to make a Handmade Christmas Card
In order to make this simple and easy handmade Christmas card without much cuttings and fancy add on, you will need:
- a plain white card,
- some color papers,
- ribbons and
- color markers for colorful wordings.
I love the simple outlook of this Christmas card, a green Christmas tree with ribbons at the side borders, make the Christmas card resembles a present. Jagged sides from a color paper seems like a natural pattern to me.
Pretty bows to represent the stars lighted on Christmas tree. Not forgetting comical letters brings out the joyful feelings. Try it out now and send it to your friends or someone special for this Christmas. I bet that he or she will appreciate your effort.
Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !! Praise the Lord, Amen !
I LOVE This Ribbons!
Most ribbons are plain in colors, usually the 7 colors in the rainbow.
However, this Hipgirl ribbons are unique. It comes in different designs you can choose from.
I like the polka dots ribbons which is suitable for Birthday cards, Easter egg ribbon for Easter card and the light green ribbon for Christmas cards.
Its quality is fantastic, doesn't comes off the thread and easily glue to the cards.
Utensils PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Things That You Need:
- a bottle of Glue - prefer the sticky ones
- Color Ribbons - cut 3 pieces approximately 10cm long & make 3 bows
- a ruler - to take measurements
- a pencil - to draw lines
- a few color markers - to draw outlines
- a pair of scissors - to cut ( not much cutting though )
- a white card - the main card
- some color papers - to paste on the main card
- Choose a white card which weighs 120gm or more. Matte or heavyweight card are suitable to make greetings card.
- Measure white card 6.5" x 9".
- Cut it out.
- Fold into 1/2
How to make the jagged designs
- Choose any color paper that you like. ( I chose purple ).
- Measure and cut the size of the paper slightly smaller than the front of the white card.
- Use your fingers to tear all the sides of 4 borders.
- Do not tear too big.
- Tear them slowly and in small tears.
- It should look jagged ( zigzag ).
How to paste the border ribbons
- Cut 2 piece of long string ribbons
- Measure the approximate length of both right hand side and the bottom borders of the card. ( as photo shown)
- Paste them on the front card, one of the right and the other at the bottom.
- Trim off any excess ribbons.
- Next, apply some glue at the back of the jagged purple paper.
- Paste the purple paper in the middle of the front card.
How to draw and paste the Christmas Tree
- Choose a piece of green paper for the Christmas tree.
- Cut out the size of the paper slightly smaller than the purple paper.
- Fold it into half.
- Draw a half triangle at the crease of the paper.
- Cut out the half triangle shape.
- Open up the paper.
- You get a full shape of a triangle.
- Use the excess purple paper to make the tree stump.
- Draw a small rectangle.
- Cut it out.
- Apply some glue at the back of the purple tree stump.
- Paste the tree stump at the back of the Christmas tree.
- Adjust according to the height that you desire.
- Apply some glue at the back of the Christmas tree and the stump.
- Paste it in the middle of the jagged purple paper.
How to draw a Christmas Tree
1. Open MS Word
2. Press "New" and then select "Blank Document"
3. Select "Insert" and then press "SHapes"
4. Choose the TRIANGLE logo
5. Pull the mouse cursor away to enlarge the triangle shape according to your desire length.
How to make pretty bows and Christmas messages
- Cut out 3 long strings of ribbon.
- Tie a pretty bow out of each string.
- Make sure that the knot is tight. Otherwise, it will come out loose.
- Apply a little glue or double-sided tape at the back of each bow.
- Paste the 1st bow at the tip of the Christmas tree.
- The 2nd bow in the middle.
- Next, the 3rd bow at the bottom of the tree.
- Draw the "Merry Christmas" alphabets with a marker pen on different color papers.
- Cut out each alphabets.
- Apply glue at the back of each alphabets.
How to tie a tiny bow with a fork
Final Picture !
Use your Creativity
- Paste the message "Merry" at the top of the Christmas tree and "Christmas" at the bottom.
- Use your creativity to paste the message.
- It can be vertical or horizontal, curvy or comical patterns.
- Otherwise, paste horizontal; "Merry" on the left hand side and "Christmas" on the right hand side.
More Christmas Related Articles:
- 7 Easy Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
Create homemade Christmas gifts which are easy and beautiful. Handmade gifts are unique by reusing, recycle trash into useful gifts. Homemade muffins and cakes are healthy and delicious, full of love.
- CHEAP CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS
Great ideas of low budget and cheap Christmas gifts for friends and family. Order online for fast delivery.
- Christmas Cards: DIY and Store Bought Cards- Which Is Better?
Every year before Christmas, I would spend some time making home made Christmas cards for my love ones and special friends. Store bought cards are useful for common friends. Handmade cards priceless
- iCaughtSanta Review
If you want Santa to appear in your photo, use iCaughtSanta. It gives the impression that Santa is REALLY in the photo taken. This is the best Christmas gift especially for children who believe Santa Claus.
- Handmade Peek-A-Boo Christmas Card
Store bought Christmas cards are plain and boring. I love Peek A Boo Card that gives the recipient the feelings of a child, open up the card to see something special inside.
- Funny,Inspirational,Famous,Best Christmas Quotes and Charlie Brown Christmas Quotes
Need a Christmas quote? Try these funny, inspirational, famous, best Christmas quotes and the famous Charlie Brown Quotes for your Christmas cards. Charming and funny.