How to Choose a Baby Shower Theme
Hosting A Baby Shower
A new baby is on the way and this joyous occasion will be celebrated by gathering friends and family for a baby shower. When planning and organizing a baby shower, choosing a theme for the party is a big deal to ensure this fun time will be remembered and talked about many years from now.
As the host of a baby shower, it is important to determine the answer to some basic questions to ensure an appropriate theme is chosen.
First Thing To Consider When Choosing A Baby Shower Theme
Does the expectant mother have a theme preference?
If she does, be sure to incorporate her wishes throughout the planning process. If the baby shower is a surprise, talk to other friends and family. If the mother-to-be does not have a preference, there are other things to consider when choosing a theme.
Answering The Following Questions Will Assist In Choosing A Baby Shower Theme
- Is the mother-to-be having one baby or multiple babies? There are many fun ways to incorporate a party for twins, triplets, etc.
- Is the gender of the baby known? Knowing the gender of the baby could certainly help in choosing a baby shower theme.
- Will the father-to-be attend the baby shower? “Couples Baby Showers” are becoming more common nowadays. If the father will also be in attendance, determine if a theme that incorporates both parents would be more appropriate.
- Will there be additional showers held by others? If there will be more than one shower, determine if the theme should be similar or different.
- Is this the first baby shower for the mom to be? If not, determine what theme may have been used previously. Chances are that the mother would prefer a totally different theme that does not duplicate previous showers she may have had.
- Where will the baby shower be held? Indoors? Outdoors? At a home? At a restaurant? At a church? In a party hall? The location of the baby shower can play a big part in choosing a theme.
- Is there a specific theme for the new baby’s nursery? If there is a special theme for the baby’s room, determine if this same theme would also be appropriate for the shower.
- What is unique about the mom to be? If there is something quite unique about her, you may want to incorporate this in to the theme.
- Are there family traditions to be followed? It may be important to incorporate family traditions, ethnic customs, religious beliefs, etc.
- What budget do you have to work with? Certainly having an idea of a budget for the shower could help determine one theme over another which might be more costly.
- Will the baby shower guests be only females? Or will it be a co-ed gathering? The answer to these questions may help determine if the shower should/could be extremely girlish or less so if there will be males in attendance.
- Is the arrival of the new baby from adoption? If so, any theme is still appropriate except for a pregnancy theme.
Themed Baby Shower Favors
Baby Shower Themes Set The Tone Of The Party
Once you have answered the questions above, you should have a much better idea of what themes may or may not work for the baby shower. Keep in mind that it is okay to go with a traditional theme such as "It's A Boy" or "It's A Girl" or pink/blue etc. However, being creative in choosing a theme that truly matches the mom-to-be will be extremely meaningful. Let your imagination flow.
Baby Shower Themes Ideas
Themed Baby Shower Invitations
Ways To Incorporate The Baby Shower Theme
- Serving Pieces
- Plates, Napkins, Cups
- Party Favors
- Thank You Cards
A Successful Baby Shower
The success of a baby shower truly comes down to planning and organizing. Begin with choosing an appropriate theme and all the other things will fall in to place.
Be sure to have fun! Remember to ask for help if needed because baby showers can be a lot of work.
Be creative and think outside the box! There is no right or wrong way to host a baby shower. The more unique, the more memorable it will be!
If you have any other great ideas for a baby shower theme and/or would like to share your experience, please tell us in the comments section below.
This is Sharyn's Slant
Please take this fun quiz! CELEBRITY BABY SHOWERS - How Much Do You Know?view quiz statistics
Want To Follow Sharyn's Slant On HubPages?
Please click HERE TO GO TO THE PROFILE PAGE. Then click on FOLLOW next to the profile picture.
Interested In Writing For HubPages?
Go to the SIGN IN PAGE to get started now!